PDA

View Full Version : Food options Coronado Springs

missymouseworld
03-07-2015, 08:09 PM
We have an upcoming trip planned and we were wondering about the food options available at CS? I see they have a food court, but was reading somewhere that it is not like a traditional food court (comparing it to Port Orleans Riverside).

BrerGnat
03-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Honestly, I didn't like it. The food was completely mediocre and much of it just looked unappetizing. The setup was similar to other resort food courts but there was just something "off" about the food. I know it is not operated by Disney but an outside company. That must be it. I found it considerably more expensive than other Disney food courts.

Angelgirl65
03-08-2015, 07:26 AM
We were there in November 2014 and love it. It has changed and it now operates like all the other food courts. No more hosts sitting you or gratuity.

Melanie
03-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Love the Pepper Market! Great breakfast and other choices. Never had a bad meal there.

brownie
03-08-2015, 12:38 PM
The food is good just seems a bit limited from the value food courts. You get a paper slip with the food you get and pay on your way out after you've eastern.

AgentC
03-08-2015, 12:46 PM
We are split in our house on the Pepper Market. My husband loves it but I've always been lukewarm on it.

However CS has tons of food options so if it turns out not to be your thing, there are plenty of choices.

In addition to the Pepper Market, the Mayan Grill has sit down dinner. Las Ventanas has sit down breakfast and lunch. Cafe Rix has some quick serve options and snacks. The pool bar serves burgers and such plus there is room service for breakfast and lunch and two lounges.

CS has far more options than any other moderate I can think of.

BrerGnat
03-08-2015, 02:44 PM
The food is good just seems a bit limited from the value food courts. You get a paper slip with the food you get and pay on your way out after you've eastern.

They don't do it that way anymore. There are registers set up between the food stations and the seating area. You pay the same way all the other food courts work.

Twinsowner
03-08-2015, 03:31 PM
In my opinion the Maya Grill is one of the best sit down options in all of Disneyworld. But I am partial to Mexican food! The quick breakfast has some good options there also.

missymouseworld
03-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the information. I read about how the Pepper Market used to work and am happy to hear they changed the paying/ordering to reflect how other food courts work at WDW. I see they have a quick/snack area which will be convenient for a small breakfast item before the parks, etc.

Did anyone hear that the roads around the resort has construction going on and it has been taking quite a long time to get to/from the parks? My husband read that somewhere and just wondering if anyone has any info?

brownie
03-08-2015, 10:15 PM
They don't do it that way anymore. There are registers set up between the food stations and the seating area. You pay the same way all the other food courts work.

Wow, it wasn't that way when we stayed in August.

BrerGnat
03-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Wow, it wasn't that way when we stayed in August.

I was there in October for 3 nights. Must have switched over quickly.

cknorr28
03-16-2015, 06:38 AM
We stayed there this past February and didn't care for the food.

cajunmickey
03-16-2015, 05:24 PM
We stayed there in May and loved the food. Many different options to choose from. Glad to see they did away with the paper thing.

jonahbear2006
03-19-2015, 11:24 PM
We go there every trip, no matter where we stay. Pepper market has wonderful food!!! Their breakfast omelet, although it isn't authentic southwestern faire (we are from new mexico and trust me nothing comes without green chilies) It is amazing food. They also have a Kick Butt Nacho dish you can order. We all ordered different items and not one of us was upset. There's also such a variety that it keeps the vegans and the meatatarians in my family happy.