PDA

View Full Version : First time at DL

cajunmickey
03-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Need Help We have been to WDW many times. First time on the west coast. We will be there for Labor day weekend ( Thurs-Mon) The kids are running in the race. We have reservation at a good neighbor hotel. Any help on what to do, cant be missed, or avoid would be very helpful.

tinkwest
03-09-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm going to bump this in to the Disneyland vacation planning forum where it might get a bit more exposure for your specific type of questions. :tink:

tinkwest
03-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Will you be going to the parks all of those days? If so you should have time to visit and enjoy a majority of the Disneyland Resort. It may be crowded but the parks should have long hours and most, if not all attractions and entertainment should be in full swing.

Carsland in Disney California Adventure is a must see for any first time visitors to DLR. Lots of little shops to look in and quite a few dining options - all worth checking out. There are only two attractions running right now, Radiator Springs Racers and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and they are both worth riding. If you want a FastPass for RSR, go early! I like riding Mater and strolling through Carsland in the evening when all the lights are on.

Also at DCA, I like California Screamin' and Mickey's Fun Wheel in the Paradise Pier area. We enjoy drawing characters at the Animation Academy in Hollywood Land. If you think you want to watch World of Color, I highly recommend that you purchase a dining package at Carthay Circle. It will get you the best viewing area, imo. Take the time to walk through all of DCA, even if you don't go on all of the attractions. There is a lot to see, shop for, and eat. And it is fun to just take it all in.

cajunmickey
03-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Thanks.
We are flying in Thurs. Morning. Have a 4 day pass, but it will be more like 3 1/2. We know disney world inside out. This will be quite an adventure for us.
I was looking into the dinner options for the night shows.
Can't wait til September.:mickey: