PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining Poll

SunnyLee
03-07-2015, 10:51 AM
So I'm sure this question has been posted/asked several times on here...but I'll ask it again! :mickey: soooooo of the 3 Resort Character Breakfasts: Chef Mickey, Cape May & Ohana (if I'm missing one...chime in!) ...which is best??! And why!??! My family has done Cape May & loved it...but thought we'd try to do Chef Mickey since it's classic, but want to get the most/best experience we can muster! :mickey: thanks for your input!!!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
03-07-2015, 11:08 AM
My fave is Ohana. Not as crazy as Chef Mickey's, awesome morning view of the Magic Kingdom, and great food.

markyv
03-07-2015, 11:48 AM
We have done both Cape May and Chef Mickey's. My favorite remains Cape May. We love seeing the characters in their beach wear.

AgentC
03-07-2015, 11:56 AM
There is also the 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. It usually has Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter.

If you have transportation or don't mind paying for a taxi, the Four Seasons also has an excellent character breakfast with Mickey, MInnie and Goofy. The day we went the food was definitely above what is normally available at Disney. They had a great omelet station and really fresh baked goods.

Our go to breakfast on property is always Ohana. It has great character interaction. We also love the endless supply of Mickey waffles and the specialty breads.

Pirate Granny
03-07-2015, 11:58 AM
You missed 1900 Park Faire at GF. One of our favorites, you used to get a free family picture, no characters, but a wonderful backdrop. Alice, mad hatter, tigger and Mary Poppins, it's a buffet and the characters come to the table.

dtootsie42
03-07-2015, 01:12 PM
We like Ohana's because the interaction with the characters was a lot of fun. Whenever we have done Chef Mickeys it has always felt rushed....

MargaretMessler
03-07-2015, 06:31 PM
You missed 1900 Park Faire at GF. One of our favorites, you used to get a free family picture, no characters, but a wonderful backdrop. Alice, mad hatter, tigger and Mary Poppins, it's a buffet and the characters come to the table.

The dinner buffet at 1900 Park Fare was phenomenal! If the breakfast is half as good that would get my vote

whitney37354
03-09-2015, 12:57 PM
O'hana, but we enjoyed Chef Mickey's too.

#1donaldfan
03-09-2015, 12:59 PM
We like Ohana's breakfast best of the resort character options. CM is ok, but insane, crazy loud and busy. For what it's worth, the best character breakfast on property is actually Donald's Safari Breakfast !! Love it !! :mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-10-2015, 12:37 AM
Have. Not done any of those listed previously. But my family adores the breakfast at Tusker House.

deedee73
03-10-2015, 12:54 AM
We have done them all. And with that being said it is dependent upon ones personal tastes. Chef Mickey is like others have said classic; however, it is always packed, loud, & personally a little chaotic.
1900 Park Fare has an amazing buffet but it too is busy but definitely not as much as Chef Mickey. We always do this one bc of the food. Characters take time with each guest & we never felt rushed here. Another benefit was a character in the lobby. This allowed for better photos & extra time.
Ohana & Cape May are some of my all-time favs. Both have many similar traits... both have more ample space due to the layouts, and both are much quieter than other character meals bc of the layouts. I also love the character interaction at these locations. There is great antics & lots of time taken with each table. The main difference is that Cape May is a buffet & Ohana is family style. Cape May's buffet due to layout can dependent upon where you are seated may be a long walk esp juggling plates & children. Ohana does have the character parade through the restaurant which is so so much fun but can add time to your meal.
Hopefully this lengthy answer helps. Enjoy & remember that the characters feed off of your responses/actions so the more fun you are having with them the better time your party will have overall.

crazygoalie39
03-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Actually have never done Ohana, but Cape May is definitely my favorite. Chef Mickey's is fun, but love the more relaxed vibe at Cape May.