PDA

View Full Version : Voices of Liberty Debut New Show During Flower & Garden Festival

Melanie
03-06-2015, 03:07 PM
According to a new entry (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/experience-fresh-entertainment-this-spring-at-epcot/) on the Disney Parks Blog, the Voices of Liberty have debuted a new outdoor show that will take place on Mondays and Tuesdays at the American Gardens Theater during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. The majority of the songs in the sets are Disney favorites. Wednesday-Sunday they will be in their usual spot.

Thoughts? I'll definitely see it when we are there in a few weeks, but one of the cool things about them is hearing the amazing acoustics when they sing under the Rotunda. And it will be odd hearing them do something other than patriotic songs. I'm sure I'll love it though!

Side note on that Disney Parks Blog entry I linked to - it's supposedly about all the 'fresh' entertainment in Epcot this spring. If I'm correct, the only thing 'fresh' is VoL singing outside. Everything else has been in place for awhile now. :shrug: And those lumberjacks? Still there. :sad:

TinkerbellT421
03-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Ugh.

I really wish they would stop fixing things that are not broken!!!

Saw the lumberjacks show in January...it is probably the stupidest thing I ever saw. I want Off Kilter back :mad::blowup::sob::sad:

NJGIRL
03-07-2015, 08:57 PM
This is probably my favorite live show in EPCOT. After reading this I first thought NO! But the more I think about it I think I will enjoy hearing them sing the Disney songs with their style of music...One thing I am not sure about is that it is going to be outside, not sure how their voices will carry out in the open.

brad192
03-11-2015, 03:19 PM
If its the same as previous shows, they will mike them through the theater sound system. :ack: STill sound great, but i prefer the unmixed, natural sound.

MNNHFLTX
03-12-2015, 12:27 AM
I plan to see this next week,and the lumberjacks too. Trying to keep an open mind! ;)

LVT
03-21-2015, 03:53 PM
I like the idea of sitting down for the show. One could even have a :marg:.:mickey:

Gator
03-23-2015, 01:10 PM
If its the same as previous shows, they will mike them through the theater sound system. :ack: STill sound great, but i prefer the unmixed, natural sound.

These are my thoughts at the Christmas Processional. They still have great voices, but running through mic and speakers just isn't the same as being under a rotunda with marble floors. It's the one place you can replicate that "singing in the shower" acoustics. And VoL take full advantage.

And I'll agree with another poster: this is my favorite live act at Disney....thanks to them dumping World Showcase Players for the Sheer McBoring band.