PDA

View Full Version : staying off property with dogs...

LandFan
03-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Hello! We are thinking of going down for 2 weeks for our 15th anniversary and staying off property and bringing our dogs (3 schnauzers, approx. 17lbs each - non-shedding - as close to hypoallergenic as you can get - older - non-chewers etc.).

Does anyone know of anywhere we can rent a house that would allow dogs and be close to the mouse?

BTW we've taken them on vacation to Maine and to the Jersey shore with us in rental a houses and they are fine.

Also - is The end of June any less hot and/or humid than July and August?

faline
03-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Guess I would start by contacting Intercot Sponsor All Star Vacation Rental Homes (http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/index.asp) to see if they have any properties that fit your needs.

MPoppins
03-06-2015, 10:17 AM
My family and I arrived with our two dogs last night to a rental house in an area that is absolutely perfect. We have stayed in this neighborhood once before and found it to be a perfect fit. It is the Windsor Hills resort. It's a mix of very large houses, medium houses and townhouses. Really nice landscaping; most if not all have pools; gated and with a security guard 24/7.

We are longtime WDW visitors - 75+ trips - but only recently have we started traveling with our dogs. They are new to us within the last year or so and we don't want to leave them behind. While I miss some aspects of staying on Disney property, I have to say that it's nice to have a real house to stay in.

You can book Windsor Hills properties through many means - some are operated through management companies; some are owner run; some houses go through the "official" Windsor Hills rental website. I dealt with an owner last time and a property management company this time.

My first stay was in a townhouse that was very roomy. Lots of nice features. This time we're in a huge house. Huge! We're only three people and two dogs...I told the lady I was dealing with via email that it was way too much house for us so she gave us several discounts to get it down to the cost of a townhouse. Very nice.

The resort is minutes away from the parks. I was pleasantly surprised as to how quickly we can get to the parks.

I think the houses that allow dogs are in the minority so I would try to get things going with booking pretty soon.

I don't think I can post links to the websites I've used so please PM here and I will be happy to communicate with you. This was such an issue for us - being able to have our pups with us - that I'm more than happy to talk about it with you. We're on vacation now - day one in fact - so give me time to respond - but I'll definitely check in to see if you've messaged me.

Nothing feels like arriving at the Yacht Club or strolling into the Wilderness Lodge but to have our doggies greeting us at the end of the day...I'll take that over a resort stay.:thumbsup: