PDA

View Full Version : Signature Dining Backup

Paiges
03-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Eight days until I can make ADRs! I am hoping to get California Grill for late dinner/fireworks viewing. If I can't manage that, what signature dining would you recommend as a backup? Are there any other restaurants where you can watch fireworks?

deedee73
03-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Narcoosses at GF for sure. They have a deck that everyone heads out to for Wishes & the music is piped in too. You can also view the electrical water pageant from the deck up close.

A second option would be Ohana at Poly and while you can see the fireworks through the huge windows you can not hear the music accompaniment. You can however eat at Ohana and be finished in time for the fireworks and walk down to the Poly beach where the music is piped in.

SurferStitch
03-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Definitely Narcoossee's. We love watching the fireworks from the deck.It's our favorite restaurant.

We also love Cali Grill (either watching them from our table, or going out onto the roof deck), but if you can't get it, you'll still be very happy with Narcoossee's.

Kairi_7378
03-06-2015, 01:32 PM
I'll third the recommendation for Narcoossee's if you can't get into the California Grill.

Paiges
03-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the input! I've got my backup!:mickey:

azcavalier
03-11-2015, 04:36 PM
So, what time is a good time to make ressies at Narcoosee's in order to watch Wishes? We'll be eating there for dinner on May 1st, and the posted closing time for the MK is midnight. What time will the show be?

VWL Mom
03-11-2015, 07:20 PM
So, what time is a good time to make ressies at Narcoosee's in order to watch Wishes? We'll be eating there for dinner on May 1st, and the posted closing time for the MK is midnight. What time will the show be?

According to the calendar Wishes is scheduled for 10 PM on May 1st. I would think an ADR around 830P would work nicely.

SBETigg
03-11-2015, 08:17 PM
California Grill was our favorite, but Narcoossees took over for us last week. We ate at both, and Jiko, and Narcoossees was our favorite of the week. But keep in mind that even if you eat earlier or later at California Grill, you can return later or arrive earlier for fireworks viewing.