PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time to WL

emerzmom
03-04-2015, 12:54 PM
I am combining work related travel and adding a few additionals days for some WDW fun in April. I just booked WL and I am very excited because it is a resort I have never stayed at before. I will be in a room by myself and alone for the first two days then a co-worker will be joining me at the resort (seperate rooms). Any suggestions for room requests, dining, or anything else you would suggest I check out while I am there. This is my first WDW solo trip. I have tried to play down my excitment to my DD since she can't join me but I am actually really looking forward to having a few days in WDW to do ANY think I want to do!
:tink:
Julie

pox24
03-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Ive done quite a few trips by myself, usually for golf. The WL is one of my favorites. The Artist Point is a great place to eat for dinner. The lobby of the Lodge is so awesome. Its a great place to relax with an adult beverage. The MK is only a short boat ride away. You are gonna love it. I don't want to say any more, be surprised and enjoy.:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
03-04-2015, 03:59 PM
There was a similar post on Wilderness Lodge (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=207649) in January. Lots of great input.

We love it there, hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Disneyfun
03-04-2015, 09:24 PM
If it isn't too hot when you get there, the nature trail from the pool area of WL to Fort Wilderness is pretty nice - just remember to bring your bugspray. It drops you off at the stables for the horses at the MK. Lots of great stuff there.

mydisneygirls
03-05-2015, 11:16 AM
This is our favorite resort. We stay every visit. We've had rooms in various locations (even pool/courtyard view) and I have to say by far our favorite location has been the room we had on the 6th floor above the lobby. Opening the door every time and seeing that gorgeous lobby, we felt like we had the best room in the resort. Some might say that the noise from Whispering Canyon is bothersome, but we didn't think so at all. If it was, we wouldn't have requested the same room for our next trip in August.

You are going to love WL and hope to hear your thoughts when you return. Have a great trip!

jonahbear2006
03-19-2015, 11:53 PM
I loved staying at WDW alone. I brought earbuds and rollerblades and just partied my heart out. WL is fantastic. I would recommend eating at artist point!! Get a drink at the pool bar. I sat there for 3 hours and met a wonderful person and just chatted and hung out in the hot tub. I would suggest earbuds for music when you are alone. I wandered the parks and just shut everyone else out and one of the best things I have ever experienced is Tower of Terror while Listening to Secrets by Onerepublic. Really off the wall ideas here but It definitely gives you a different feel to disney world. Very healing and therapeutic.