PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Trip

TIGGER17179
03-04-2015, 11:16 AM
We are planning a trip the 2nd week of December and I was wondering where is the best place to stay. I figured the value resorts would be overly crowded but is it like that everywhere? Any thoughts..
Looking at Pop or maybe Port Orleans?

Mickey'sGirl
03-04-2015, 11:21 AM
My favourite Christmas stay was at Port Orleans Riverside. It felt very Christmassy to me.

buzznwoodysmom
03-04-2015, 11:41 AM
My favorite place to stay for a Christmas trip is Wilderness Lodge. Even if you don't stay there it is worth a visit. Most of the deluxe resorts are worth visiting during the holidays.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
03-04-2015, 11:48 AM
We are planning a trip the 2nd week of December and I was wondering where is the best place to stay. I figured the value resorts would be overly crowded but is it like that everywhere? Any thoughts..
Looking at Pop or maybe Port Orleans?

That's traditionally not the busy week. It used to be a great time, post Thanksgiving and pre-Christmas and the crowds were very manageable, but I think over the years, while not super busy, it can be crowed (but still manageable).

One thing to keep in mind, the week you are thinking of has been at times been included in various free dining plan offerings. Whether that continues again in 2015, who knows, but some form of free dining has been offered for various dates in Nov/Dec for the past several years.

To you original question, we've stayed 3 times at POR during the holidays and love it, one of our favorite resorts. There is kind of a friendly battle line between those that prefer Riverside or those that prefer French Quarter, but honestly, you can't go wrong with either.

joonyer
03-04-2015, 11:48 AM
We stayed at French Quarter for the first time this past Christmas week and we loved it. Short walks everywhere and a good food court.
I agree that Wilderness Lodge would be a fantastic place for a Christmas trip, but it just wasn't within our budget.

Strmchsr
03-04-2015, 03:44 PM
The 2nd week is usually Pop Warner so you have kids football and cheerleading teams everywhere at the values and POR. I would strongly suggest staying at one of the other moderates. As mentioned previously, that week definitely isn't low on crowds (none of December is) but it's manageable.

brownie
03-04-2015, 04:42 PM
If you can swing it, Wilderness Lodge or even Animal Kingdom Lodge.

crazygoalie39
03-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Wilderness Lodge has the best Christmas theming by far IMO. If that's not possible, I think POR would probably be the best mod.

TIGGER17179
03-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Thank you for the feedback.

dtootsie42
03-15-2015, 02:18 PM
Just wanted to chime in that Wilderness Lodge always looks wonderful at Christmas. Our family has never stayed there but it was a favorite of my in-laws and we loved the decorating that was done at Christmas :mickey:

BklynChick
03-28-2015, 04:53 PM
I visited same time last year and would recommend Beach Club. You can walk/boat to all the Holiday happenings at Epcot and DHS, and the Epcot resorts all have special displays. Plus the lobby smells like gingerbread!