PDA

View Full Version : Reassure me please

Cinderelley
03-03-2015, 08:09 PM
I can make my Fastpass+ reservations in 7 days, so I hopped onto My Disney Experience to make sure that everything is set to go.

When I went to the Fastpass + page, my name is there greyed out (I assume since I can't reserve them yet), but my friend's info isn't there at all.

I went back to where it shows the tickets and only my name was there. I called the Help Desk, listened to the music while I was on hold for a little while (it was like a little piece of heaven), and the guy who answered quickly made it so that my friend's ticket appeared with my name. He told me it was all taken care of, and we hung up.

Being the obsessive person that I am, I just now went and checked the fastpass+ page again. My friend's name still isn't there and I noticed that it said I can make my fastpass+ reservations in 30 days instead of 60.

Is this because it is still 7 days away? Do I need to wait until tomorrow for it to show up because the system resets or anything? Has anyone else encountered this?

Tink1
03-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Are you doing it via a PC, MAC or on your phone or tablet?

Nanc

VWL Mom
03-03-2015, 08:49 PM
I went back to where it shows the tickets and only my name was there. I called the Help Desk, listened to the music while I was on hold for a little while (it was like a little piece of heaven), and the guy who answered quickly made it so that my friend's ticket appeared with my name. He told me it was all taken care of, and we hung up.

I'm a bit confused, did your friend get added or just their ticket?

When you look at your MDE account do both names show? When you go to My Reservations and Tickets you should see the tickets and who they are associated with.

Does your friend have their own MDE account or are they on yours? If they have their own account you need to add them to your friends and family and then send an invitation. If they are going to be on your account then you just need to add them.

When you go to make FP+ it should ask you who are you making them for, you should be able to select yourself and your friend. If both names are on the resort confirmation you will be able to do them at 60 days.

Cinderelley
03-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Sorry, I wasn't really sure how to explain it. He and I are both booked at AKL. We both have the same room/ticket package.

He is on my list under family (they did that today to make him show up for me. As "friend", he wasn't showing up.)

I am using a pc.

On the reservations page, he shows up in the room and listed under tickets.
On the FP+ page, it is just my name.

Tink1
03-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Does he have a MDE account as well?

You have to be given permission from his account to make plans for him.

I know the system was really glitchy yesterday. Hopefully it is better today

Nanc

Speedy1998
03-04-2015, 12:39 PM
You may want to try accessing MDE another way. I can see different things depending on what device I am accessing my account with. For example my dinner reservations show up in my plans on my phone, but not on my ipad.

Cinderelley
03-05-2015, 05:00 AM
Thanks Speedy. I am heading home this weekend to see the family. I will be there when the time comes for me to make the reservations. Maybe it will show up on one of their computers.

I did ask him to make sure he had given me permission to make his reservations for him.

VWL Mom
03-05-2015, 07:09 AM
I did ask him to make sure he had given me permission to make his reservations for him.

When you go to your friends and family list you said he is there, correct? It will tell you there whether he has accepted you or if your invitation is pending. Under his the name it should say "xxx has an account".

One thing I've heard can cause a glitch is the wrong name, it needs to be exact. For example if the name is Steve it must be Steve on the reservation, your MDE account and his MDE account. If it is Steven is used somewhere they will not match.

I hope it works for you this weekend, good luck!

Cinderelley
03-05-2015, 08:44 PM
When you go to your friends and family list you said he is there, correct? It will tell you there whether he has accepted you or if your invitation is pending. Under his the name it should say "xxx has an account".

One thing I've heard can cause a glitch is the wrong name, it needs to be exact. For example if the name is Steve it must be Steve on the reservation, your MDE account and his MDE account. If it is Steven is used somewhere they will not match.

I hope it works for you this weekend, good luck!

I checked and it does say he has an account. The stress of this . . .

manutd1
03-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Not sure about your situation...but for my family of 4 ...When the clock struck midnight i was able to EASILY select my 7 days worth of fast passes. The site gives you 4 choices of times for each attraction...I didn't choose that way..I chose my OWN times..so that the 3rd fast pass window ended at 3 pm. That way, there is more time in the day to get more. IMHO, I don't like any of the choices the site picks for you..they are too spread out. Make sure even if you let it choose the times for you...you can EASILY modify it to when YOU want them.:thumbsup:

Cinderelley
03-11-2015, 07:55 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that when the time came, everything was in the system like it was supposed to be. My friend's name appeared and nothing was greyed out. I'm still not a huge fan of it, but at least it worked like it should.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-11-2015, 09:07 AM
Glad it worked! That seems to happen, that it all sorts out "when the time comes", but it sure does cause a lot of stress!

VWL Mom
03-11-2015, 08:58 PM
So happy it came together for you!