PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - March 30-April 15, 2015

Strmchsr
03-02-2015, 03:06 PM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Monday pm, March 30, 2015
The high today will be about 73 with sunny skies. Tomorrow and Wednesday should warm to near 80. Both tomorrow and Wednesday there's a minimal chance of a brief light shower but no significant rain. Thursday through Monday thunderstorms will fire up each afternoon. There's about a 1 in 3 chance of one of those moving over your location. No all day rain any of those days, but be prepared to duck inside for a time. The high Thursday should be 81-83 then near 85 for Friday and Saturday. A front could bring some brief light showers in early on Sunday morning. Sunday should be 70-72 then back up to around 80 for Monday.

Long range...April 7-9 looks dry with low to mid 80s for highs. April 10 scattered showers are possible with a high around 80. April 11 should be dry with a high in the upper 70s. April 12 looks pretty stormy but April 13-15 clear out with highs in the low to mid 70s.

Travel Issues :drive::plane:
Minor delays today due to high winds in Detroit. For tomorrow some severe weather is possible and thunderstorms could cause delays (and certainly will cause some bumpy flying) over GA, AL, MS, LA, AR, OK, and TX.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Strmchsr
03-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Sorry for being a little sporadic with the forecast right now. My "real" job has been insane lately. If you have any questions or need immediate updates just post and I'll answer you ASAP.

Tinkerkel
03-16-2015, 10:01 PM
Short trip coming up :mickey: & we've been checking the forecasts for several days & it seems to change everyday...were hoping for milder temps, but some forecasts are showing 87 & 88 degrees. Can you give me a little direction? Thanks so much!

Strmchsr
03-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Short trip coming up :mickey: & we've been checking the forecasts for several days & it seems to change everyday...were hoping for milder temps, but some forecasts are showing 87 & 88 degrees. Can you give me a little direction? Thanks so much!

There's been a lot of model madness lately, no doubt. It still looks like highs will be in the 82-84 range for Thursday through Saturday, but fairly humid so I would expect the heat index to be near 90. Just make sure you drink lots of water and bring the sunscreen!

Catzle
03-23-2015, 08:30 AM
We are coming in on the 3rd. I sure hope that rain and cold weather is out of there. Would love some 80's!!!!

Catzle
03-23-2015, 06:37 PM
How accurate is the extended forecast the 3-9 looks cold and rainy and hoping we see at least one day that is 80. We have had the worst winter ever and its still snowing, just want to warm up.

Mitzie
03-24-2015, 08:03 AM
:woohoo: You know the trip is close when Chris forecast your weather! We come in on the 6th and keeping our fingers crossed for some good news about the forecast. Thank You Chris for taking time to help all of us with this part of planning our trips.

Strmchsr
03-24-2015, 11:22 AM
My pleasure! Always glad to help. :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-24-2015, 11:24 AM
How accurate is the extended forecast the 3-9 looks cold and rainy and hoping we see at least one day that is 80. We have had the worst winter ever and its still snowing, just want to warm up.

Anything beyond 7 days isn't to be considered accurate at all. Voodooland constantly changes. The overall pattern looks about average for that time of the year though.

Catzle
03-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Thanks! Here's praying for warm and sunny skies!

Strmchsr
03-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Sorry for missing a few days. I went on a retreat with our church youth and thought we'd have wifi. No such luck. Anyway, everything is updated now.