PDA

View Full Version : #runICOT Marathon Wknd2016: January 6-10, 2016

John
03-01-2015, 06:02 PM
From Wednesday January 6th thru Sunday January 10th, the INTERCOT community will gather at Walt Disney World's Marathon Weekend.

You don't have to be a runner to join in all the fun that comes along with an INTERCOT meet, but you can help us raise money for a good cause - ThyCa, The Thyroid Cancer Survivors Association Inc. (http://www.thyca.org/)

By purchasing any #runICOT gear, all proceeds will go to this great charity who reminds you to "Get a Neck Check."

If you plan to be part of the #cheerICOT crew, we can promise you a memorable weekend and it would be a good time to start thinking about hotel reservations and book with our Exclusive Travel Partner - Magical Journeys (http://www.magicaljourneys.com/).

All the details are now posted at http://intercot.com/news/runICOT (http://intercot.com/news/runICOT)

We will have at least one new shirt for 2016 and also are looking into doing #cheerICOT shirts for those not racing.

VWL Mom
03-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Just got my Mickey Monitor

Dates are January 6 through January 10. Registration for passholders starts April 14th at 12N EST.

Melanie
03-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Registration for passholders starts April 14th at 12N EST.

Ah! So they are apparently going to stick with 2 weeks between early registration and regular registration. Regular starts April 28th.

NewDVCowner
03-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know if early registration for the full marathon is usually available for DVC members, or is it only the half that's open early?

My sister and I are planning on running the full (my first, and the day before my 40th birthday), and my mom and other sister are going to do the half.

Thanks.

Melanie
03-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know if early registration for the full marathon is usually available for DVC members, or is it only the half that's open early?

My sister and I are planning on running the full (my first, and the day before my 40th birthday), and my mom and other sister are going to do the half.

Thanks.

All races, including both Challenges, are open for early registration.

NewDVCowner
03-03-2015, 05:18 PM
All races, including both Challenges, are open for early registration.

Awesome. Thanks. :mickey:

brownie
03-04-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm hoping to be able to sign up for the marathon, my first, on April 28!

cer
03-04-2015, 06:02 PM

Thanks.

I want you to know that they set aside a limited number of registration spots for early registration. If you want to go this route, you still will need to be at the ready as soon as it opens up.

Congratulations on committing to your first full! I did my first full at Disney as well when I was 42.

cer
03-04-2015, 06:03 PM

Hey there, brownie! Happy for you that you are doing your first full! :thumbsup:

Melanie
03-04-2015, 07:09 PM

WOOHOO! Another INTERCOTee to pull for on full day. Awesome!

AgentC
03-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Ah! So they are apparently going to stick with 2 weeks between early registration and regular registration. Regular starts April 28th.

I've heard that they are doing it two weeks in advance because they are now cross checking pass holders who register against a pass holder list and cancel the registration if the person is not on the list. I'm not sure if that is the true reason but since anyone can use the pass holder link and there have been complaints the last few races, it certainly might be true.

Thanks.

So great that both of you are signing up for the full. Impressive!

Melanie
03-06-2015, 07:58 AM
I've heard that they are doing it two weeks in advance because they are now cross checking pass holders who register against a pass holder list and cancel the registration if the person is not on the list. I'm not sure if that is the true reason but since anyone can use the pass holder link and there have been complaints the last few races, it certainly might be true.

Wow! Interesting if that is indeed the case. But where to draw the line? Passholders only? Immediate family members? There is a place on the registration that asks if you want to register someone else.

I registered James a few weeks back for the Disneyland Half under my Passholder link. As far as I know, he's still registered. At least he better be. I would think if they drop you, they'd have to let you know before the regular registration opens up.

BrerGnat
03-06-2015, 08:12 AM
Wow! Interesting if that is indeed the case. But where to draw the line? Passholders only? Immediate family members? There is a place on the registration that asks if you want to register someone else.

I registered James a few weeks back for the Disneyland Half under my Passholder link. As far as I know, he's still registered. At least he better be. I would think if they drop you, they'd have to let you know before the regular registration opens up.

I don't think that it is since as you said, you can register others. Plus, the pass holder links require signing in.

They probably changed it to two weeks so that Active can have enough time to sort out all the errors that occur with the early registrations. ;). Goodness, it took them a week to address our issue of lack of registration email!

AgentC
03-06-2015, 09:00 AM
I don't think that it is since as you said, you can register others. Plus, the pass holder links require signing in.

They probably changed it to two weeks so that Active can have enough time to sort out all the errors that occur with the early registrations. ;). Goodness, it took them a week to address our issue of lack of registration email!

I don't know. It's just what some people are reporting that runDisney has told them. They also say that it is fine to register household members with your annual pass so James should be fine no matter what.

And I have no idea how people have been registering when they are no passholders but people are reporting it all the time on two of the FB groups I belong too. I think people just register their friends.

Melanie
03-06-2015, 09:14 AM
I don't know. It's just what some people are reporting that runDisney has told them. They also say that it is fine to register household members with your annual pass so James should be fine no matter what.

And I have no idea how people have been registering when they are no passholders but people are reporting it all the time on two of the FB groups I belong too. I think people just register their friends.

Yeah, I think in the past the links have been 'open.' Therefore, once you get to it using the Passholder or DVC (or in the past, Disney Visa) link, you can share. I see people all the time on the official runDisney page on FB asking folks to post the link when it opens.

I think they'd have to allow registering household members. That would get very messy if not.

badkitty
03-11-2015, 09:51 PM
The last few times though that I used the AP link, it asks for my login info. I would think if I didn't have it, the site wouldn't let me in.

Buttercup
03-22-2015, 03:17 PM
You know what's frustrating?

Not being able to see what rack rates are for rooms in 2016.

I'm going to be travelling solo next January and I wanted a room at either the Beach Club, Yacht Club or Swan/Dolphin. (gonna treat myself!)

Anybody have any rough idea of what it costs that time of year?

Also... GOD HELP ME... I'm considering doing the 10k instead of the 5k this year. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

AgentC
03-22-2015, 08:03 PM

I'm going to be travelling solo next January and I wanted a room at either the Beach Club, Yacht Club or Swan/Dolphin. (gonna treat myself!)

Also... GOD HELP ME... I'm considering doing the 10k instead of the 5k this year. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

Carolyn, I stayed at Boardwalk in 2014 and it was roughly 300 a night. For 2015 I got quotes of about $2000 for 4 nights before any discounts were out. I ended up going with POR which worked out very nice because I had a car and could drive to the 5K and 10K.

And welcome to the crazy club. Christine managed to talk me into signing up for a 1/2 in October and I swore up in January that a 10K was going to be my max!

Buttercup
03-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Thanks Cindy that's good to know about the room rates.
I've never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin before. Do those resorts tend to cost the same as the Beach Club etc? More? Less?
I'm contemplating getting a rental car anyway so maybe I will do the same as you with Port Orleans. Just gathering all the info at this point.

AgentC
03-22-2015, 10:36 PM
I never stayed at the Dolphin or the Swan but I know several people who have and like them. I went to a confernce there and it was very nice. They tend to be cheaper than the Disney resorts . I think they run $200-300 but sometimes have good discounts. They do charge for parking and have a resort fee.

I'm in a similar situation to you. My kids go back to school the Tuesday before marathon weekend so they stay home with my husband until the weekend. I really enjoyed stayjng in the deluxe in 2014 but I couldn't justify the expense just for me this year.

POR worked fine and since the roads are not bad for the 5K and 10k it was nice to sleep in a little later and not have to stand out in the cold as long!

BrerGnat
03-23-2015, 07:07 AM

Rack rate for a standard room at the YC this year for marathon weekend was $325/night.

I have stayed at the Swan before and after all fees and stuff, it ends up costing about the same as YC/BC unless they are running a special (which I doubt they will for that particular weekend.)

And, a 10k is not bad at all. I ran 10k this year and had never run that far all at once prior to the race. I drank up an energy drink, had a banana and a power bar an hour before the race and I FLEW through the course. I won't lie and say I wasn't in agony for the following 24 hours, but during the race I felt great. The adrenaline really gets you going and the course honestly feels shorter than I thought it would. Tons of fun!!

Buttercup
03-23-2015, 02:27 PM
AWESOME INFO GUYS! Thanks! :mickey:

NewDVCowner
04-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Regarding registering for the marathon and half marathon. My family is able to participate in early registration however because of various issues everyone has in terms of timing and computer access I'm the one that needs to register all four of us, two of the marathon and two of the half marathon. I plan on being online right when the window opens but just read something that has me concerned with getting everyone into the race they want to run. So, two questions, first, do I need to register and pay for each person individually (and then go back and register and pay for the second, etc.) or can I register everyone at once (or at least everyone for each race) and then pay in one go? Second, with early registration and being online right at 9:00 (Pacific time) do I have a good shot of getting everyone registered? Oh, and a third question, which race will fill up fastest, should I register the half marathon people or the full marathon people first?

Thank you for all your help!

dnickels
04-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Friendly reminder that the early registration phase starts tomorrow (Tuesday the 14th) at Noon Eastern!

Disney4us2
04-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Friendly reminder that the early registration phase starts tomorrow (Tuesday the 14th) at Noon Eastern!

Thanks!!!

Disney4us2
04-14-2015, 05:46 AM
Ok, I've been looking for the AP and DVC links. Found the AP but can't connect to the DVC one. I know it's too early to register. Just wondering if it's too early for the DVC link to show up?:confused:

Rufuscube
04-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Where can i find the AP link. i guess Disney doesnt think us Canadians need the Mickey Monitor so i dont know about the link.

Currently arguing with Disney.

Melanie
04-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Great. I can already tell this is going to be a fun registration. :unsure: My AP expired last week, but my youngest has a valid AP, but from what I've tried so far, I'm not seeing how I can access the AP page through him. It's him I want to register. Sigh.

AgentC
04-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Great. I can already tell this is going to be a fun registration. :unsure: My AP expired last week, but my youngest has a valid AP, but from what I've tried so far, I'm not seeing how I can access the AP page through him. It's him I want to register. Sigh.

Maybe he's old enough that you have to set up a MDE account for him?

Melanie
04-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Maybe he's old enough that you have to set up a MDE account for him?

That's what I'm having to do, Cindy, but you know, it can't be easy. :bang: On my second call with tech support. I may have this straightened out by noon. :unsure:

I personally think it's ridiculous that the passholder page will only recognize the primary MDE account holder. Another bad kink in this system.

NewDVCowner
04-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Ok, I've been looking for the AP and DVC links. Found the AP but can't connect to the DVC one. I know it's too early to register. Just wondering if it's too early for the DVC link to show up?:confused:

Marci,

I THINK I remember from past registrations that the link doesn't show up until 9:00. At least that's what I'm hoping at this point. I have three alarms set to make sure I get on right at 9:00.

Melanie
04-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Everyone in position and ready? :D

AgentC
04-14-2015, 11:48 AM
Everyone in position and ready? :D

Um. Maybe? I still don't know what I'm registering for!

Melanie
04-14-2015, 11:49 AM
um. Maybe? I still don't know what i'm registering for!

lol

AgentC
04-14-2015, 11:53 AM
lol

:) I might just wait and register regular. I think if I do anything it will be the 1/2 and I don't see that going as fast though I could be totally wrong.

dnickels
04-14-2015, 12:13 PM
I got in for the Goofy (my 6th in a row) without any issues. :number1:

Disney4us2
04-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Whoohoo...I got in for the 5 K. Anyone want to walk it with me? I am now speedy with my walker.:thumbsup:

Yungbuck73
04-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Dawn and I both are registered for the 10K.

Disney4us2
04-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Dopy and 10K early registration already sold out.

Disney4us2
04-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Dopy and 10K early registration already sold out.

Jus a couple of minutes later the 5K is sold out.

Can't believe how fast these spots go.

JMTStone
04-14-2015, 12:39 PM
With a few 1/2s under my belt I bit the bullet. Signed Jon and myself for the 5K. I will be #cheerICOT for the 10 and the 1/2 then I am........ running the full. 26.2 miles.

Yes, I have reached that level of insanity. Request chocolate covered pretzels.

Besides, passing you guys at the Boardwalk at the 10 last year made me kinda sad. I'm ready to cheer Justin and all of the 10K #runICOT people on. There will be another boa!

AgentC
04-14-2015, 12:51 PM
I got in for the Goofy (my 6th in a row) without any issues. :number1:

Whoohoo...I got in for the 5 K. Anyone want to walk it with me? I am now speedy with my walker.:thumbsup:

Dawn and I both are registered for the 10K.

With a few 1/2s under my belt I bit the bullet. Signed Jon and myself for the 5K. I will be #cheerICOT for the 10 and the 1/2 then I am........ running the full. 26.2 miles.

Yes, I have reached that level of insanity. Request chocolate covered pretzels.

Congratulations to everyone who got in!

Mel- You will totally rock the full.

I signed up for the 1/2 (with a little encouragement from my ICOT friends. :thumbsup:) And my daughter is doing the Mickey Mile on Saturday.

Melanie
04-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Got my boys signed up for the 10K. That was my main objective. I MAY sign up for the 5K on regular registration day.

NewDVCowner
04-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Signed up for my first full. Still not sure how I managed to talk myself into that. :mickey:

Yungbuck73
04-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Glad everyone got in for what the wanted or at least will do. It's such a cool thing that we all are supportive of each other. As I have said, I will miss cheering on the Boardwalk but coming around that corner and seeing all the INTERCOT shirts, I'm sure will be an awesome sight and feeling.
Now to the training part.... UGG. LOL.

Tri Minnie
04-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Hooray for all who signed up for a race today and especially those running their first race at a particular distance. I am once again in for the half, and my husband is doing the Goofy. With three little ones, I did not get to participate in the Intercot festivities the past couple of years, but I appreciated knowing how many of you were cheering. Thank you!

Yungbuck73
04-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Hooray for all who signed up for a race today and especially those running their first race at a particular distance. I am once again in for the half, and my husband is doing the Goofy. With three little ones, I did not get to participate in the Intercot festivities the past couple of years, but I appreciated knowing how many of you were cheering. Thank you!

It is def our pleasure cheering on everyone but especially Intercot people.
Good luck

Melanie
04-14-2015, 07:43 PM

PLEASE look for us and say hi on the course. For the half, we'll be on Main Street and then again right before you get to the Epcot bus depot (on the edge of the Epcot parking lot.)

badkitty
04-14-2015, 10:27 PM
Congratulations everyone! I'm so excited for you all! I hope I'm able to attend and be part of the cheerICOT. It will be a blast to cheer for the 10K instead of running. More cowbell!

Fingers crossed I can get the time off.

Tri Minnie
04-16-2015, 03:36 PM
PLEASE look for us and say hi on the course. For the half, we'll be on Main Street and then again right before you get to the Epcot bus depot (on the edge of the Epcot parking lot.)

I will definitely be on the look out.Thank you!

Buttercup
04-16-2015, 06:11 PM
Alright, silly Canada here got sidetracked and missed the early registration. :(

It's just me coming to Marathon Weekend in 2016 so I've got to represent my entire family and nation I suppose. :thumbsup: I said to Mike, "I'm thinking of doing the 10K" and he said "What? You can't do that can you?"

So, I will be the one doing the 10K wearing the shirt that says "CAN". (like Buzz Lightyear...)

Anyway, wish me luck that I actually am able to get registered on April 28. I'm setting an alarm in my phone!

Rufuscube
04-16-2015, 08:25 PM
If you figure where to get a Canada running shirt, let me know

Maleficent's Dad
04-19-2015, 11:06 AM
DW and I are in for our third Disney half, but more exciting, DS (16 years old) will be doing his first half ever (guess we'll have to move back to the dreaded last corral with him!).

John
04-23-2015, 09:01 PM

So I know this company that does custom shirts......

Rufuscube
04-23-2015, 10:13 PM

Oh ya, should have thought that one through first.;)

John
04-24-2015, 06:58 PM
Ha 😁

Rufuscube
04-24-2015, 09:11 PM

Oh ya, should have thought that one through first.;)

Ha 😁

I think everyone should wear Canada shirt. Honorary Canadians Ala 2015 Marathon

Rufuscube
04-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Just got registered for the Dopey. man that was a painful exercise.

AgentC
04-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Just got registered for the Dopey. man that was a painful exercise.

Glad you got in!

AgentC
04-28-2015, 12:36 PM
And for those interested as of 12:30

5K - 75% full
10K-75% full
1/2 Marathon - 50%full
Goofy 50% full
Dopey 50% as of 12:15
Runners World Challenge 75% full

Rufuscube
04-28-2015, 12:37 PM

5K - 75% full
10K-75% full
1/2 Marathon - 50%full
Goofy 50% full

This is rediculous. I think John sneezed again.

Disney4us2
04-28-2015, 12:40 PM

5K - 75% full
10K-75% full
1/2 Marathon - 50%full
Goofy 50% full

Amazing how quick it fills up. Glad I was able to pre register.

Disney4us2
04-28-2015, 01:00 PM
5K and 10K are sold out in less than an hour.....wow

MNNHFLTX
04-28-2015, 07:10 PM
Congrats to those who got in today!

Awesome_guy
04-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Two more questions now that I've found the main thread, hoping these aren't too specific for the conversation here:

Staying on site. Looks like Swan and Dolphin are all booked up (already?!) with 2016 rates not released for any other on-sites yet. I feel like I need to get on this ASAP, true? Feels like this will be a busy weekend.
I can realistically only take two weekdays off, so this will be a whirlwind trip from quite far away. If running a Goofy Sat/Sun: I'm thinking "arrive fri, leave Tuesday" approach would squeeze the most out of the trip, true? (vs. Thurs to Mon OR Weds to Sun)

brownie
04-28-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm in for the marathon! My bride was able to register for the 5K & 10K. And we were able to get our youngest, Mark, registered for the 5K. Looking forward to Marathon weekend!

dnickels
04-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Two more questions now that I've found the main thread, hoping these aren't too specific for the conversation here:

Staying on site. Looks like Swan and Dolphin are all booked up (already?!) with 2016 rates not released for any other on-sites yet. I feel like I need to get on this ASAP, true? Feels like this will be a busy weekend.
I can realistically only take two weekdays off, so this will be a whirlwind trip from quite far away. If running a Goofy Sat/Sun: I'm thinking "arrive fri, leave Tuesday" approach would squeeze the most out of the trip, true? (vs. Thurs to Mon OR Weds to Sun)

It's a busy weekend but definitely not peak capacity busy. It wouldn't hurt to reserve a room now even before you know rates.

If you plan to arrive on Friday to do the Goofy Challenge Saturday and Sunday be sure to get an early flight so you build in plenty of time to get to registration and pick up your bib / packet. You can't pick that stuff up race morning so if you fly in Friday and get delayed that could really mess up your weekend. With winter air-travel the way it is I'd recommend Thursday-Monday of your ideas.

Awesome_guy
04-29-2015, 06:04 PM
... be sure to get an early flight so you build in plenty of time to get to registration and pick up your bib / packet. You can't pick that stuff up race morning ...

Great point!! It looks like bibs/packets get picked up at the Expo at ESPN Wide World of Sports? I also see this has to be self-collected now. Arg. Looks like the hours are already posted as 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Friday, January 8, 2016. So that's a real factor.

It's so strange planning something so far away that requires such detailed registering/scheduling. Some of this seems harder than the endless running might be, haha.

badkitty
04-30-2015, 01:57 PM
It's so strange planning something so far away that requires such detailed registering/scheduling. Some of this seems harder than the endless running might be, haha.

So true!! But well worth it!!

ls1jt
05-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Wife got locked in for the Dopey. Booked All-Star Sports. I'll be there for full/half and should be able to meet for the cheering section. Pretty pumped!

Tink1
05-06-2015, 12:40 PM
I have a room held at the Swan to join the cheering section! Now, if I can get decent airfare and the snow allows, I will be there (with whoever decides to join me)

Nanc

John
05-10-2015, 11:53 PM
Sweet Nanc!

Yungbuck73
05-19-2015, 12:42 AM
So since this will be the first time I'll be able to come out for the full marathon day, how do we get to DHS?
I know Mel and Carol watch from Shades of Green then move to DHS. If staying at Poly, which I'm hoping to, how hard is it to get to SOG and to DHS
Thanks all. Training is going very slowly. I know it's still 7 1/2 months away. Hoping I'll be ready.

Melanie
05-19-2015, 02:38 PM
So since this will be the first time I'll be able to come out for the full marathon day, how do we get to DHS?
I know Mel and Carol watch from Shades of Green then move to DHS. If staying at Poly, which I'm hoping to, how hard is it to get to SOG and to DHS
Thanks all. Training is going very slowly. I know it's still 7 1/2 months away. Hoping I'll be ready.

To SoG entrance from Poly? Easy peasy! In fact, some sections of the Poly may be closer to the Shades entrance than Shades itself (but not the DVC areas), being that it's a ways up a long driveway into Shades from the main drive. Anyway, there is signage on the Poly grounds how to get through the foliage and to the Shades entrance. We'll show ya earlier in the week, if need be.

To DHS from Poly/SOG is easy as well. That morning, they run busses from the TTC to the parks. The past few years it's been fast and easy.

Melanie
05-19-2015, 02:38 PM
I have a room held at the Swan to join the cheering section! Now, if I can get decent airfare and the snow allows, I will be there (with whoever decides to join me)

Nanc

Great news, Nanci! We'll gladly have you join the cheering. :cheer:

Yungbuck73
05-19-2015, 04:49 PM
To SoG entrance from Poly? Easy peasy! In fact, some sections of the Poly may be closer to the Shades entrance than Shades itself (but not the DVC areas), being that it's a ways up a long driveway into Shades from the main drive. Anyway, there is signage on the Poly grounds how to get through the foliage and to the Shades entrance. We'll show ya earlier in the week, if need be.

To DHS from Poly/SOG is easy as well. That morning, they run busses from the TTC to the parks. The past few years it's been fast and easy.

Thanks Miss Mel.

Yungbuck73
05-21-2015, 12:48 AM
Wondering if anyone can help.
I have been doing my C25K app and after 2 weeks of walking/running 1.5-2.5 miles every other day, I have developed bad pain on the outside of my lower legs. It's not in my shins or my calf but on the outside of my legs. From what I have been looking into, it might be shin splints. I ordered a massage roller and hopping that helps but was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions, advice, etc.
it was so painful today I really cut my training short and basically limped back.

MNNHFLTX
05-21-2015, 08:05 AM
It could be shin splints or some other kind of stress injury, Justin. You probably need to see a Dr. for an absolute diagnosis. In the meantime I would RICE--rest, ice, compression, elevation. I wouldn't run on it until you know for sure what you're dealing with or you could do more damage. :(

brownie
05-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Running form and shoes can be other factors. Starting with your doctor would be the best way to start figuring it out.

Yungbuck73
05-22-2015, 02:09 PM
It could be shin splints or some other kind of stress injury, Justin. You probably need to see a Dr. for an absolute diagnosis. In the meantime I would RICE--rest, ice, compression, elevation. I wouldn't run on it until you know for sure what you're dealing with or you could do more damage. :(
I'm pretty sure it's shin splints. Gonna take a few days off and see how it goes.

Running form and shoes can be other factors. Starting with your doctor would be the best way to start figuring it out.

I hate doctors. LOL I also think that even though I don't think its my shoes, I'm going to go to a running store and really have them check me out.

badkitty
06-05-2015, 04:46 PM
I'm so excited that I just had to take time from work to share.

I received permission to be off Wednesday - Sunday for Marathon weekend! (I did a trade with one of my bosses.) Woo hoo! It was iffy for a while to take time off in January but I'm officially going to #runICOT #cheerICOT! :thumbsup::woohoo::walk::team::tigger::ccat:

See you there friends!

Melanie
06-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Great news, Salina!!!!! Glad things are working out with your new job. We're flying in Wednesday night too.

AgentC
06-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Yay Salina!

Disney4us2
06-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Yippee!!!! Can't wait for another fun few days. I need to come up with a mascot to play with bad kitty....;)

Yungbuck73
06-06-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm so excited that I just had to take time from work to share.

I received permission to be off Wednesday - Sunday for Marathon weekend! (I did a trade with one of my bosses.) Woo hoo! It was iffy for a while to take time off in January but I'm officially going to #runICOT #cheerICOT! :thumbsup::woohoo::walk::team::tigger::ccat:

See you there friends!

Now it's a party. So happy it worked out for you. See you then.

badkitty
06-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Great news, Salina!!!!! Glad things are working out with your new job. We're flying in Wednesday night too.

Great! :D Is James doing Dopey? I need to check flights out to see if I will make it in time before the expo closes or if I'm picking up my bib at the 5K race.

badkitty
06-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Yay Salina!

Thanks! It will be so much fun! :thumbsup: What races are you running Cindy?

badkitty
06-09-2015, 10:53 PM
Yippee!!!! Can't wait for another fun few days. I need to come up with a mascot to play with bad kitty....;)

HA! It will be fun! Careful though, badkitty doesn't play well with others. LOL

badkitty
06-09-2015, 10:54 PM
Now it's a party. So happy it worked out for you. See you then.

YAY PARTY!! :cool: This will be the first year I'm not running the 10K so I'll be able to drink at the Poly meet up! :secret:

AgentC
06-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks! It will be so much fun! :thumbsup: What races are you running Cindy?

John and Christine convinced me to do the 1/2. :eek:

Melanie
06-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Great! :D Is James doing Dopey? I need to check flights out to see if I will make it in time before the expo closes or if I'm picking up my bib at the 5K race.

No. :( He won't be able to make it this year.

I forgot they did bib pick up the morning of the 5K. Oh well, I'm just as happy to be only cheering this year.

badkitty
06-11-2015, 12:50 AM
John and Christine convinced me to do the 1/2. :eek:

Awesome! I'll be on Main Street cheering you on!!

badkitty
06-11-2015, 12:52 AM
No. :( He won't be able to make it this year.

I forgot they did bib pick up the morning of the 5K. Oh well, I'm just as happy to be only cheering this year.

Oh bummer that James won't be running. I'm so glad you are going though!

I'm looking forward to cheering for the 10K. It will be my first time. So excited!

AgentC
06-11-2015, 11:02 AM

I'm looking forward to cheering for the 10K. It will be my first time. So excited!

The 10K is my favorite race to cheer. I can't wait. :)

Yungbuck73
06-11-2015, 05:26 PM

The 10K is my favorite race to cheer. I can't wait. :)

Can't wait to see and hear the #cheerICOT people on the boardwalk. I'm hoping you all will get me thru the rest of the 10K. :number1:

AgentC
06-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Can't wait to see and hear the #cheerICOT people on the boardwalk. I'm hoping you all will get me thru the rest of the 10K. :number1:

You are going to GREAT!!!!! I on the other hand may need a stretcher to take me back to my room after the half. ;)

Melanie
06-11-2015, 09:19 PM

You are going to GREAT!!!!! I on the other hand may need a stretcher to take me back to my room after the half. ;)

You both will do great, and we'll all be waiting to provide you whatever you may need to get to the end. :cheer:

AgentC
06-11-2015, 09:23 PM
You both will do great, and we'll all be waiting to provide you whatever you may need to get to the end. :cheer:

I'm pretty sure they won't allow you to give me a scooter. :silly:

tcam326
06-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Hi, I'm new here. I will be running the 10k and the half in January. Then, going to California for Star Wars!

BrerGnat
06-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Hi, I'm new here. I will be running the 10k and the half in January. Then, going to California for Star Wars!

Welcome! Hope to meet you at the races! I won't be at WDW but will be at Disneyland for all the Star Wars races.

Melanie
06-16-2015, 08:28 PM

Welcome, tcam326! Please join us for the ICOT events!!! And we'll be sure to cheer you on for the 10K. Look for us on the Boardwalk, and on Main Street for the Half.

AgentC
06-16-2015, 09:32 PM

Welcome, tcam326! Please join us for the ICOT events!!! And we'll be sure to cheer you on for the 10K. Look for us on the Boardwalk, and on Main Street for the Half.

Yes, :welcome: :welcome: Definitely come and join us!

Yungbuck73
06-16-2015, 10:01 PM

Welcome, even though i told you about the site:number1: but Welcome to the Best Disney fan site there is!!!!!

badkitty
06-16-2015, 10:21 PM

:welcome::cheer::rocks::yoda:

Disney4us2
06-16-2015, 11:10 PM

Welcome!! Hope you can make it to the runICOT meets. Look for our cheer squad.

tcam326
06-17-2015, 10:27 AM
Great!:mickey:

JMTStone
07-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Great!:mickey:

Any friend of Justin.......

I had a really smart-*ss comment but I'll be good. Looking forward to meeting you and welcome to the coolest Disney group around. :rocks:

Yungbuck73
07-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Any friend of Justin.......

I had a really smart-*ss comment but I'll be good. Looking forward to meeting you and welcome to the coolest Disney group around. :rocks:

Don't judge my friends based on me. They all are not as bad as me!!:(

tcam326
07-02-2015, 11:20 AM
I can't wait to meet everyone!

Yungbuck73
07-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Just be ware of that JMTStone. Their friends of mine too!!!!!:mickey::cloud9:

Yungbuck73
07-28-2015, 01:15 PM
While we were just down for our quick weekend, we could see the Orlando Eye from the plane as we were landing. Was looking it up and they have capsules that can hold 15 people. It looks like they offer group rates so would anyone be interested In doing this maybe Wednesday night? Any really but thought Wednesday would be a good early meet.

Disney4us2
07-28-2015, 01:29 PM
While we were just down for our quick weekend, we could see the Orlando Eye from the plane as we were landing. Was looking it up and they have capsules that can hold 15 people. It looks like they offer group rates so would anyone be interested In doing this maybe Wednesday night? Any really but thought Wednesday would be a good early meet.

To me it's another wheel of death ( DCA Mickey's fun wheel). I'll keep my feet on the ground:blush: My DD would probably love it.

badkitty
07-30-2015, 12:22 AM

Is the Orlando Eye like the London Eye? I've been it that and it is huge! DCA has nothing on that wheel!

BrerGnat
07-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Is the Orlando Eye like the London Eye? I've been it that and it is huge! DCA has nothing on that wheel!

Yeah, I think it's a similar size. However, the Orlando Eye recently got stuck for THREE hours with people trapped inside the gondolas. With no AC. That is enough to make me cross that attraction off my list forever.

Yungbuck73
08-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I think it's a similar size. However, the Orlando Eye recently got stuck for THREE hours with people trapped inside the gondolas. With no AC. That is enough to make me cross that attraction off my list forever.

Aww come one. What's 3 hours with the best people on earth? Just think of the stories we would have

Lizzy
08-04-2015, 06:21 PM
ok so, I think I am going to try to come and cheer this year.....:blush:

I am just starting to get myself back to shape, I was a runner in my youthful days and I figure maybe cheering for my Intercot friends will be a good motivator. I ran a Minnie Marathon at DTD years ago before my second child, and it was fun. I miss running.

Plus, I want to hang out with my Intercotee friends :blush::beer::marg:

NewDVCowner
08-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Well, I just submitted my proof of time for the marathon. I did a half on Saturday and came in just under three hours (2:58) - a time I'm very happy with. I do know that I still have a TON of training to do. By about mile 12 I was thinking 'there is no way I could go double this right now. What the heck was I thinking?!?' :mickey: It's gotten me motivated again, that's for sure!

JMTStone
08-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Well, I just submitted my proof of time for the marathon. I did a half on Saturday and came in just under three hours (2:58) - a time I'm very happy with. I do know that I still have a TON of training to do. By about mile 12 I was thinking 'there is no way I could go double this right now. What the heck was I thinking?!?' :mickey: It's gotten me motivated again, that's for sure!

I submitted my time and we may be in the same Corral. I've been doing the Galloway training but not with intervals. So the time and milage just my walk breaks are on our horrendous Pittsburgh hills. But even my walking is at 14mm so I'm pretty safe. Just have to worry about training through the winter. Ice and snow and jag-off drivers splashing slush on me. Ahhhh... The northeast. :mad: How is winter training for you?

NewDVCowner
08-05-2015, 04:56 PM
I submitted my time and we may be in the same Corral. I've been doing the Galloway training but not with intervals. So the time and milage just my walk breaks are on our horrendous Pittsburgh hills. But even my walking is at 14mm so I'm pretty safe. Just have to worry about training through the winter. Ice and snow and jag-off drivers splashing slush on me. Ahhhh... The northeast. :mad: How is winter training for you?

Hopefully we'll have rain in the winter. :mickey: I actually prefer the winter weather because it's cool enough to run after work and I don't need to get up so freaking early for the longer runs. Last week it was in the triple digits out here and that really put a dent in my Tuesday/Thursday runs.

I'm going to be on vacation for about two and a half weeks in November and can't run during that time so have altered the training schedule to hit the 26 miles by Halloween. Then we I get back I'll hook back onto the schedule that runDisney put out. I hope that it will work out.

NewDVCowner
12-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Race waivers and corral placement are now available on the runDisney website. I'm in corral 'J'. Yeah! Gives me a bit of cushion to finish. :-)

brownie
12-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Corral E for the marathon for me.

brownie
12-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Can't pull a waiver up for my son for the 5K or for my bride for the 5K & 10K. The site is saying it has all the registrations through 11-28-2015. Anyone else having trouble with pulling up their waivers?

Tri Minnie
12-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I didn't have trouble pulling waivers for the kids' races, the half, or the Goofy Challenge. Fortunately, our times must have registered, because we were also in the correct corrals. Last year, we had a ton of trouble.

Tri Minnie
12-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Corral C for the half for me :mickey:

brownie
12-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Can't pull a waiver up for my son for the 5K or for my bride for the 5K & 10K. The site is saying it has all the registrations through 11-28-2015. Anyone else having trouble with pulling up their waivers?

Finally got them to pull up. Both of their dates of birth were off by 1 day. What's funny is my bride took care of her registrations and our oldest son took care of his brother's registration.

Yungbuck73
12-11-2015, 03:24 AM
Was able to get my wife's waiver pulled up no problem for 10k. As for me, I'm out of the 10K again. They allowed me to defer til next year. Stupid calf and now stupid knee. I have no luck. I will be there cheering everyone on as usual. Cant wait to see everybody

Tri Minnie
12-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Was able to get my wife's waiver pulled up no problem for 10k. As for me, I'm out of the 10K again. They allowed me to defer til next year. Stupid calf and now stupid knee. I have no luck. I will be there cheering everyone on as usual. Cant wait to see everybody

I am sorry your injuries are preventing you from racing. Good luck to your wife, and thank you for cheering.

John
12-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Corral C for me and Andrew in the 10k
Corral H for me for the Half

JMTStone
01-04-2016, 09:15 PM
It is with great sadness I have to tell you all I will not going to make it. No first marathon with my #cheerICOT and #runICOT friends. Due to a recent hospital stay and upcoming surgery and a huge bad "happening" in my life, I have cancelled. I have been pretty depressed about it and not on social media much.

My best to all my ICOT friends, good luck and have a fruity drink for me.

Yungbuck73
01-05-2016, 08:58 AM
It is with great sadness I have to tell you all I will not going to make it. No first marathon with my #cheerICOT and #runICOT friends. Due to a recent hospital stay and upcoming surgery and a huge bad "happening" in my life, I have cancelled. I have been pretty depressed about it and not on social media much.

My best to all my ICOT friends, good luck and have a fruity drink for me.

That so stinks. Feel better and know you'll be better next year.

Kairi_7378
01-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Just wanted to wish a quick "good luck" to all of the Intercot Runners for this weekend! I'll be sending some virtual pixie dust your way and dedicating my miles this weekend to thyroid cancer awareness.

Yungbuck73
01-10-2016, 08:26 PM
We have had a great time this weekend seeing all our Intercot friends and family and cheering on all the runners. Great job by everyone on #runICOT and #cheerICOT. We love you all and can't wait to see everyone again. To those who didn't make it, you were def missed. To we all meet again here, there or anywhere, see you all real soon. Safe travels to All who have left or will be leaving soon.

tcam326
01-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Hi, I just wanted to sati was nice meeting everyone. This was the first time running where I had someone cheering. It was incredible! I felt the energy from the group which helped me tremendously, (especially at mile 12 during the half).
Looking forward to meeting again.

Yungbuck73
01-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Hi, I just wanted to sati was nice meeting everyone. This was the first time running where I had someone cheering. It was incredible! I felt the energy from the group which helped me tremendously, (especially at mile 12 during the half).
Looking forward to meeting again.

Good luck this weekend in Star Wars. We are all thinking of going out there next year instead of WDW