PDA

View Full Version : Airport to Hotel?

Going2HeavenRU
03-01-2015, 04:15 PM
I am celebrating my 50th this year and am heading to Disneyland. I am staying at Paradise Pier. There is going to be 4 of us.

My concern is the price of the transportation from and back to the airport. Holy Cow! I have gone to WDW dozens of times and am used to free transportation on the ME. The price of the shuttle ($98 per person from LAX and $70 from Orange County) was really an eye opener.

Is there a better way to get directly from either airport (we have not booked our flights yet)? I saw something about Disneyland Express but my AAA agent wasn't aware of that. Not heading west until Oct so plenty of time to get things settled.

Thanks in advance!

VWL Mom
03-01-2015, 04:24 PM
In June 2014 we used GoLansky (aka DK'S Livery) from LAX to Grand Californian. The round trip for 4 people in a Suburban was $175.00 tax/gratuity included and offered a grocery stop. There was a link on their website for a Disneyland Special. We were very satisfied with the service and the owner Daniel was a pleasure to work with.

Going2HeavenRU
03-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Great! Thanks for the tip. We will definitely look into it!

tinkwest
03-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Disneyland Resort Express (run by Southern California Gray Line) is about $50 round trip per person (less for children) from LAX. Closer to $35 to and from John Wayne. There are probably quite a few stops along the way.

NewDVCowner
03-01-2015, 07:21 PM
From SNA it cost about $40 in a cab to the Grand Californian about two years ago. For a group of four that might be a good option.

dtootsie42
03-01-2015, 07:38 PM
The last time we went to Disneyland we used, I believe it was, Discount Limousines from LAX to the Grand Californian. They came very highly rated and we loved our experience. It was so nice to not worry about traffic, getting a car etc. etc.

BrerGnat
03-02-2015, 11:15 AM
We usually rent. Pries from LAX are very competitive. The Disneyland Express bus is cheap from SNA. No charge for kids!

MNNHFLTX
03-02-2015, 12:14 PM
Disneyland Resort Express (run by Southern California Gray Line) is about $50 round trip per person (less for children) from LAX. Closer to $35 to and from John Wayne. There are probably quite a few stops along the way.
I've taken the Disneyland Express at least a couple of times and I don't recall any stops between LAX and Disneyland. Of course, once you get there there are separate stops for each resort. The biggest drawback with Disneyland Express is that you have to go out to the curb where all the airport shuttles are and the DE ones don't seem to come by all that often. The last couple of times we ended up using shuttles by other companies because we were waiting so long.

Lacy
05-24-2015, 10:04 PM
We always fly into John Wayne and decide spontaneously if we are going to take the Resort Express (Grayline) or grab a taxi. The last several times we have just gone for the cab. It is not that much more expensive than the shuttle and depending on where you are staying can be significantly faster. If you are at Disneyland Hotel that is always the first stop on the shuttle and the last stop before the airport but other hotels including Paradise Pier can be hit or miss.

On the last trip we ended up spending about $45 on the cab each way. So with more than two adults the cab is the way to go if you all fit.

dixielandings
06-21-2015, 10:40 PM
The transportation companies are pretty competitive so if you want a private car, rather than a taxi, pick any reputable company. We used JAG.

I WILL highly recommend flying in and out SNA, if possible. LAX is so far and the traffic!!! Omg...my poor 5-year-old had never seen anything quite like that. "Are we there yet???" And SNA is so nice and calm. And close.:mickey:

Patricia
06-22-2015, 07:27 PM
I always use LAX Limo Services.

I believe it was $45 for a town car, one way.
I've also gone with a group of 7 and we had a stretch priced at $70 each way.

jennsky
07-03-2015, 08:45 PM
I have the same question but we are a group 8 - 4 of us are staying at Disneyland Hotel and 4 at Paradise Pier. Any suggestions for the most economical roundtrip options please??