PDA

View Full Version : Checking into hotel to activate Magic Bands

eandrsmom
03-01-2015, 08:46 AM
We are staying at Universal for a couple of days then headed to Disney for 5 nights at OKW. The morning that we check-in at Disney, we have breakfast reserved at Cape May. We were planning on spending the remainder of the morning at Epcot (International Gateway) then leaving to check in at OKW mid afternoon, after lunch. I've read on another site that we won't be allowed to do this because our Magicbands won't be activated due to the fact that we hadn't checked into the hotel. Is this true? I've already purchased (from a ticket vendor) and linked our park tickets to the Magicband, so we do have valid tickets. I can obviously understand not being able to charge anything with the bands until check-in, but is it true we won't be able to enter Epcot?

DizneyRox
03-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Tickets aren't linked to a hotel stay, so that doesn't sound right. If you're on the DDP (I'm sorry) then I can see maybe the dining credits, but park entry is separate and lots of people don't stay on site and still use MB.

eandrsmom
03-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Thanks! I really didn't think about that, but that makes sense. I'm guessing what I read was posted prior to offsite guests using Magic Bands.

VWL Mom
03-01-2015, 03:02 PM
You should be able to get in without a problem. Just to make sure I would check your MDE account and make sure the MB shows active.

Fangorn
03-01-2015, 05:37 PM
It shouldn't be a problem.

But just take your actual ticket card that you got from the ticket vendor. The card will get you into the parks just as well as the magic band will. Just make sure that your MDE account shows the cards as "active".

Steve

eandrsmom
03-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Thanks! I was planning on bringing the card tickets just to be safe. We don't do the DDP, so that isn't an issue. I will have our FP selections linked to the band before we leave home. I'll double check to make sure that the Magic Bands are active on the MDE site because I'll have some very unhappy children if our FP selections won't work.

VWL Mom
03-01-2015, 07:40 PM
It may be a good idea to swing by OKW on your way to breakfast to check in if you have time. It might increase your chances of having your room ready when you're ready to go back to it.

E-Ticket4
03-01-2015, 10:13 PM
If you do the online check in, you can add a credit card and a phone number and you will get a text when your room is ready. You won't even have to go to the hotel to check in. Just go to your room and the band let's you in.

John
03-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Tickets should be working fine if you linked them and are not dependent on checkin. Your room will be added to your bands when it is ready if you do online checkin or at the desk when you physically check in. You should be just fine going to the parks as long as your bands show the tickets online.

Have fun!

VWL Mom
03-02-2015, 06:15 AM
If you do the online check in, you can add a credit card and a phone number and you will get a text when your room is ready. You won't even have to go to the hotel to check in. Just go to your room and the band let's you in.

I forgot this is currently being rolled out, should be active at OKW starting March 10. Remember to opt in to this service when doing online check in.

magicofdisney
03-02-2015, 08:26 AM

I did not know this was happening. That is fantastic news!

eandrsmom
03-03-2015, 10:09 AM
That sounds really cool! So I'm guessing that they'll actually send you your villa/room number when your room is available and you can bypass the front desk area altogether?

momof3+twins
03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
I understand it as you can skip the front desk altogether and just go to your room. But, I am wondering if you have to go to the front desk to get a parking pass. Does anyone know how they are working the parking passes?