PDA

View Full Version : ADRs if unsure of numbers

Paiges
02-28-2015, 11:53 AM
I will be making dining reservations for several groups that are meeting in September. There are a few groups that are not sure of their plans yet. So my question is, if I make reservations for the number of people that COULD be there for a meal and later find out that the actual number will be smaller, is it easy to reduce my reservation without losing it?

Thanks for any help!

Strmchsr
02-28-2015, 12:45 PM
In order to reduce the number you would have to rebook. If it's only 1 person who is a no show it's no big deal. If it's several then they could potentially end up being charged on the credit card hold. It's probably best to wait until plans are firm to make ADRs for those people who aren't sure. Or book for those who aren't sure and try to get another reservation for the others later if possible.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-28-2015, 03:30 PM
How many people are in the "iffy" group? If it is a person (or two), it won't be a big deal, but for more than that, it gets tricky.

Could you book the ADRs in two groups? The group that is for sure, and the group that is iffy? You can ask to be seated near each other, and although it isn't a guarantee, it also gives you flexibility to cancel if needed.

Paiges
02-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Great idea. I hadn't thought of splitting the group into certain and iffy, but that will do the trick! :thumbsup: