PDA

View Full Version : Here's what a wierdo I am...

Scallywag
02-27-2015, 03:26 PM
We're not going back to the world until June 2016 ( about 467 days ) and I am already thinking about ADR's for the trip.
We already know where we want to go for 6 of the nights, but we are in a toss up for the last 2 nights. We are looking for one in the MK area and one in the Epcot area. If you had to choose 2 from this list, what where would you go and why? Your opinions are appreciated.

Chef Mickeys ( never been here )
The Wave ( never been here )
The Plaza ( Been here and like it )
Liberty Tree Tavern ( Been here once years ago - it was so-so )
Chef's De France ( been here and liked it )
Le Cellier ( been here and liked it. Not sure it's worth 2 TS )

Torn between trying something new and something we know we like. We have 1 out of the other 6 ADR's @ a new place currently.

Thanks...

Melanie
02-27-2015, 03:35 PM
From that list, I'd definitely choose Liberty Tree and Le Cellier.

Liberty Tree is getting ready to go through a big renovation, so it could be fresh and new again.

I can't speak from the dining plan perspective, because I doubt I'd do 2 TS on Le Cellier, but we've always enjoyed our meals there. Not a fan of Chef's de France.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-28-2015, 04:28 AM
This is what I would do in your position. I would book Le Cellier on the dining plan (I'm assuming you will be getting it because you mentioned 2 TS credits), then I would go to The Plaza and pay out of pocket. The credit that you save at The Plaza can be used towards Le Cellier. The Plaza is a pretty cheap place to eat and wouldn't be a huge burden to pay out of pocket. I would just eat my entree at The Plaza and then go back to the ice cream parlour later in the night to use a snack credit for dessert.

Have fun planning! It'll be here before you know it! :mickey:

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
02-28-2015, 06:26 AM
From that list, I'd definitely choose Liberty Tree and Le Cellier.

Liberty Tree is getting ready to go through a big renovation, so it could be fresh and new again.

I can't speak from the dining plan perspective, because I doubt I'd do 2 TS on Le Cellier, but we've always enjoyed our meals there. Not a fan of Chef's de France.

We are planning to eat at Chef's de France during our upcoming trip in May. We have never eaten there (been to Disney 10+ times) and thought we would try something new. We were looking for something exciting as we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary that day. Now I'm nervous...What do you not like about it and do you have any other suggestions for a nice TS at EPCOT? BTW - husband is very picky - Meat & Potato kinda guy. Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions!

TheDuckRocks
02-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Remember everyone is different. Here is my feelings:

Chef Mickeys ( never been here )
The Wave ( we ate here on our last trip and wished we hadn't )
The Plaza ( never been disappointed )
Liberty Tree Tavern ( a lot of our family members love LLT. I find it good but am tried of it. )
Chef's De France ( this is most always on our list of where to dine, even the kids ask to go back )
Le Cellier ( liked it, but not worth 2 TS )

HoosierDisneyFan
02-28-2015, 12:13 PM
A few of thoughts:

Chef Mickeys - Fun buffet plan to go with the 10 and young crowd. Very good character interaction. If you are going for the character this is a good choice. If you are going for the food, pick somewhere else.
Liberty Tree Tavern - I have enjoyed eating there a couple of times. Basic food served family style.
Le Cellier - I have enjoyed every meal there. The Cheese Soup with bread sticks! :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
02-28-2015, 03:06 PM
This is what I would do in your position. I would book Le Cellier on the dining plan (I'm assuming you will be getting it because you mentioned 2 TS credits), then I would go to The Plaza and pay out of pocket. The credit that you save at The Plaza can be used towards Le Cellier. The Plaza is a pretty cheap place to eat and wouldn't be a huge burden to pay out of pocket. I would just eat my entree at The Plaza and then go back to the ice cream parlour later in the night to use a snack credit for dessert.

Have fun planning! It'll be here before you know it! :mickey:

I was thinking along the same lines. We always eat at The Plaza on our MK nights, nothing fancy but consistently good. Using the snack credit for dessert later in the evening is a great idea.

As far as LeCellier, we enjoy it and have started going there the last few years. Once it became 2TS reservations became easier to get but since we pay OOP it doesn't make a difference for us.

GreenBeetle
03-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Tried The Wave for the first time 2 weeks ago. Sorry, not a fan. Nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea.

ANG
03-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Chef mickeys is my very favorite. And while I love the food at The Wave better I appreciate the atmosphere at LTT more.