PDA

View Full Version : If you could stay at one Deluxe?

forever a child
02-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Well, I am starting to research which deluxe I would like to visit while my DD is participating in the DCP program. I'll probably make a visit to her for her Bday in late Sept/Early Oct and again for Christmas.

Even with discounts, Christmas will be too expensive for Deluxe rates, especially with multiple trips. So I am planning on a moderate resort then.

But for her Bday visit, I would like to try a Deluxe. We have never stayed at any of them. I am thinking of a monorail resort but I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

faline
02-25-2015, 05:32 PM
There are so many good choices. For a special stay, I would likely choose the Grand Floridian. Wilderness Lodge is also a terrific choice as is Animal Kingdom Lodge.

crazygoalie39
02-25-2015, 05:58 PM
We're really big fans of the boardwalk and World Showcase so BWI/BC/YC are great for us with BWI being my choice out of those. I like AKL, but too far away from everything to by my "top". For MK resorts, it's tough. Poly is great and I've always wanted to stay in a CR MK View room. Also, at WL you get a deluxe for a lower price, but I'd have to say GF would be the best.

forever a child
02-25-2015, 06:08 PM
I am kind of not thinking of AKL just because it's really not my personal preference given all of the choices. I already know my DD is planning to do a night or two probably with friends she makes there for a resort slumber party and I am pretty much assuming AKL will be her vote.

So my first thoughts were Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club.

Would getting special room for fireworks or whatever depending on the resort choice be worth the extra $? I should be able to at least get 50% off of room since she will be staying with me (even though she will also probably be working during part of my stay).

forever a child
02-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Also the reason I haven't considered Poly is because of the renovations. Not sure when they are expected to be complete.

MargaretMessler
02-25-2015, 08:15 PM
If it were me I would choose Yacht or Beach Club because I enjoy evenings at EPCOT.

If you are set on a monorail resort, choose Contemporary with a balcony and park view room (watch the fireworks at night) or GF if it's your taste.

BrerGnat
02-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Beach Club. It's our favorite and by then the room renovations will be complete, and the new rooms are beautiful! Close to Epcot too which will be great for Food and Wine Festival.

buzznwoodysmom
02-25-2015, 09:20 PM
I would choose Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club or Beach Club.

forever a child
02-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Reading everyones reply I realize this is going to be a hard decision! :blush:

forever a child
02-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Beach Club. It's our favorite and by then the room renovations will be complete, and the new rooms are beautiful! Close to Epcot too which will be great for Food and Wine Festival.

I do think having access to the F & W Festival makes being close to Epcot a good choice!

goofy for pluto
02-25-2015, 09:50 PM
So many great resorts. For teens I think they would love being able to swim at Storm along bay, also the Beach Club is close to Epcot making it easy to watch the fireworks then walk back to the room, that combined with the refurbished rooms and the F&W festival make it a great choice. Honestly the deluxe resorts are all really nice though.
Good luck with your decision.

manutd1
02-26-2015, 12:27 AM
Wilderness lodge....To me its; Disney.:mickey:

tjstrike
02-26-2015, 06:37 PM
Deluxe resorts are all very nice and you need to break it down as to what you plan to do and where you plan to spend most of your time. Then, once you decide that, pick from the 2 or 3 resorts from which park you think you'll be spending your time at.

Fangorn
02-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Keep in mind that CM discounts, like other discounts, do have limits. DS was a CM for several years, and while we were able to take advantage of a lot of great discounts on rooms, at any given time there were some resorts or room types that were not available for specific dates.

You may want to be thinking of a couple of options just in case your first choice isn't available.

My personal favorite is the Beach Club. Least favorite is Boardwalk Inn.

Steve

VacationDisney
02-26-2015, 07:56 PM
I'd pick Wilderness Lodge. We loved our stay there:thumbsup:

finaldynasty
02-26-2015, 10:39 PM
My choice would be the Wilderness Lodge. Great location, wonderful atmosphere and awesome dining experiences!

Can't go wrong with WL!!!

:mickey:

Crow
02-27-2015, 05:23 AM
WL is by far my fav..
you would think of the places that ive stayed BC would be just because its by Epcot which is my fave park, but i was not impressed by the rooms..
WL is great, lobby, artist pt, boat to MK

mydisneygirls
02-27-2015, 09:34 AM
Another one for Wildnerness Lodge. This is our favorite resort. We used to stay at the Poly but can't afford it anymore.

Also, I would check into a bounceback offer. Not sure if they offer it around holidays, but doesn't hurt to ask!

forever a child
02-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I have been looking at rack rates for possible times to book and I think I am going to change my plans a bit. I was surprised that staying only 4 nights at BC in Sept was about the same as staying 6 nights during Dec 13-19 at same resort.

I have no idea of what my DD work schedule will be like and I expect spend a lot of time at Epcot on both trips (F&W, Christmas around the World). So I think I am going to actually book BC for my December trip and either POR or CBR for my Sept Trip.

At least that is what I am thinking right now...I know being at WL for Christmas would be awesome to but I just somehow like the idea of being able to walk back to the resort late in the evening and not deal with transportation during the Holidays.

emerzmom
02-27-2015, 04:48 PM
I hipe you have a great time visiting your daughter no matter what resort you end up choosing!
:tink:
Julie