PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian DVC First Day of Booking

John
02-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Anyone book the Poly DVC on the first day today? Heard there were some real technical issues early on...

Heard from someone that it's 196 points PER NIGHT for Disney Vacation Club Members to stay at the Polynesian Village Resort Bungalows.

Wowzers. I'm hardly a member with only 60 points at Hilton Head (gets me 3-4 nights when I want to go with some left over) so I'm out of the equation.

Would you stay there? They look awesome.

SBETigg
02-25-2015, 02:35 PM
I really don't think they look great. I have the points (not at Poly, at BLT), but I'm not interested. Too small, too poorly arranged. I think they could have done a lot better. If I'm spending the points, I want more bang. I might change my mind if I was ever in one looking out at the lagoon, but... meh.

VWL Mom
02-25-2015, 03:07 PM
They had announced on the DVC page that online bookings would not be available yesterday through 9AM today due to the Poly openings. For whatever reason they'll also be down from 230AM to 8AM.

I'm curious how many booked today too. I threw in a few different sets of dates and it was open for all of them. I was a bit surprised, they're not my cup of tea but have read here and elsewhere how people were waiting.

Sherri, as you're looking out at the lagoon just think of all those people on passing boats that are looking back at you. :D

SBETigg
02-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Sherri, as you're looking out at the lagoon just think of all those people on passing boats that are looking back at you. :D

Exactly, Lynn. Maybe that's part of the lack of appeal. I love looking out at the lagoon from high-up balconies where I don't have to think as much about people looking back, but right there... right. there. No.

lindique
02-25-2015, 04:27 PM
Exactly, Lynn. Maybe that's part of the lack of appeal. I love looking out at the lagoon from high-up balconies where I don't have to think as much about people looking back, but right there... right. there. No.

That's not the only problem I see. The ferry dock is very close - imagine hearing the boom of that horn every 10-15 minutes all day/night long?

Melanie
02-25-2015, 04:36 PM
That's not the only problem I see. The ferry dock is very close - imagine hearing the boom of that horn every 10-15 minutes all day/night long?

No nap time for little Sally or Junior. :secret:

faberj
02-25-2015, 06:46 PM
I booked this morning for a poly villa in sept. It was hard to get trough and was on hold for 25 minutes. We own at grand Floridian but they were full for the dates and size we wanted and poly is set up the same way.

dumbomydumbo
02-25-2015, 09:48 PM
I called exactly at 9:00 am EST and could not get through. Finally was able about 30 minutes later. i waited on the phone 30+ minutes but was able to get a deluxe studio for the week before 4th of July. Never stayed at Poly so looking forward to the adventure.:mickey:

laprana
02-26-2015, 12:34 PM
I was able to book a Poly studio yesterday for 4 nights during Memorial Day weekend! I was super excited because I figured it would be booked up, especially on a holiday weekend! But surprisingly, studios and bungalows were available for all 11 nights of my trip.

There were tons of glitches and problems booking, though. I started trying at 8:00 a.m. (CST) and didn't get everything completely booked until around 10:00 a.m. The website first told me my user name and password weren't correct (even though they were). Once I was finally able to log in, the pages took forever to load and kept bombing out. When they did load, and I was actually able to click on the "book now" link, it was like a perpetual loop that just kept taking me back to the starting screen. I tried calling multiple times, but only got a busy signal. Never even got through to the computer system. It was frustrating, but it all worked out in the end and I'm staying at the Poly in May! :thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
02-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Booked 3 nites in May. Changed from the BWV. Figured we stay there all the time. Give this a try while we can book it.

Hammer
02-26-2015, 02:23 PM
I just checked to see if there was any availablity for one night 4/19 (have a free night after attending a family wedding in Tampa). No way I will spend 160 points for 1 night in a bungalow! Studios are also available, so I am seeing if my sister is interested. I'm willing to stay in a studio for 1 night. Too many nights together in a studio and we would get on each other's nerves :D !

VWL Mom
02-26-2015, 07:44 PM
I was surprised to see there was no category for connecting studios. I wonder how they will guarantee them or if they all are built that way?

UPDATE:

After doing some checking MS confirmed that connecting studios can be requested but are not guaranteed.

Christine
02-26-2015, 11:07 PM
I booked a lake view studio for Labor Day weekend. The technical issues were maddening!!

If I'm going to spend 160 points per night, it'll be on a cruise!

Hammer
02-27-2015, 10:58 AM
We booked a lake view studio for Sunday 4/19. I will be sure to come back and give my review.

I am with everyone else, no way I am spending 160 points for one night in a bungalow :humph: ! That takes away points from our Food and Wine trip!