PDA

View Full Version : 16 nights on Deluxe Dining

Londongirl
02-23-2015, 06:45 AM
My husband and I are travelling from the UK at the end of September for 16 nights at Disney World, I can't wait! We're on the Deluxe Dining plan, I'm planning on going to most of the Signature restaurants . What are your thoughts on the Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe Dining room? Im not planning on going back to Le Cellier I think... is O'hana really fun? decent food? We're thinking of doing the Hoop dee doo... It's just my husband and myself any suggestions would be great. Thank you so much :mickey:

catasaid
02-23-2015, 07:56 AM
Wow...that's going to be a lot of food! Do go to the Hoop Dee Doo Review...we've done it several times and it has always been a great time! The food is good but the entertainment is what makes it great!! As fo some signature dining, we also enjoyed the Flying Fish and Narcossi's. And we do like O'Hana. I would also recommend the restaurant in Morroco...the Sultan's feast was wonderful, as was the Maharaja Feast!!

VacationDisney
02-23-2015, 08:57 AM
Jiko at the Animal Kingdom is one of our favorites as is the Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios.

Have a wonderful time. I agree that is previous post.....Wow...that's going to be a lot of food!

VacationDisney
02-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Jiko is at the Animal Kingdom Lodge not the park:blush:

dnickels
02-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Have you done the deluxe plan before?

I only ask because nearly every review I've read on the deluxe plan is along the lines of 'that was way more than we ever eat' and 'we spent so much time dining that we missed out on the parks and won't do the deluxe plan again' and those were just for shorter trips, not 16 days. At 16 days ($110 per person for two people) you're looking at over $3,500 in food costs alone, without tips or alcoholic beverages!

That said if you've done the deluxe plan before and dining is such an integral part of your vacation that you think it's worth it by all means go to the high end signature places and dinner shows to get your moneys worth.

TheDuckRocks
02-23-2015, 01:08 PM
We have gone to WDW with the deluxe DDP on 3 separate trips and have had different experiences each time.
Trip 1) was an unscheduled, last minute 5 night trip for just the 2 of us and we used the plan for signature restaurants every evening for dinner and either a late breakfast or early lunch. We weren't of a mind set that we needed to ride every ride or spend all day every day in the parks. We enjoyed it very much.
Trip 2) we took our adult son along with us for his very first trip for seven nights. His choice was to have 3 table service meals each day and not do any signature restaurants. The weather was unseasonably hot. As it was his first trip he also wanted to ride and see everything. Dining took up so much time that it found us running around like mad creatures. After the second day I excused myself from everything but meeting for meals and sometimes skipping breakfast or lunch. My last night in Epcot I used 5 dining credits to feed strangers at counter service places. Way to much food and time.
Trip 3) we met my sister and her husband from the West Coast and because of a "free dining" period we upgraded to the deluxe plan for around $40 a piece per night for a 10 night stay. We did a mixture of Signature and regular table service meals. Still too much food and my sister and hubby did not like the signature meals at all.
The problem with every experience is always how to use up all of the snacks credits. As we drive down we finally have taken to getting stuff that will last until we get home.
Will we use the deluxe plan again? Yes, but for no longer than a week, planning carefully, doing signature places and knowing I'll be taking stuff with me on the road.

Scallywag
02-23-2015, 03:39 PM
O'hana's is great. Food and atmosphere awesome!

TheVBs
02-23-2015, 03:51 PM
We have had great meals at Wolfgang Pucks. We tried Ohana for the first time on our last trip and while the food was good, we weren't horribly impressed. We've also had great meals at Teppan Edo, Sanaa and Be Our Guest (dinner). Hope you have a fabulous trip! :mickey:

Londongirl
02-25-2015, 10:36 AM
Thanks for all of your replys! Yes, I've been on the Deluxe Dining plan before so I do know what to expect from that standpoint- I have a free dining package that I just upgraded to deluxe. We'll be doing 2 meals a day most likely:)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-26-2015, 11:19 AM
My DD and I enjoyed 'Ohana, but that was back in 2012. My DS and I plan on going this June.

Teppan Edo was a favorite during my DD and I's trip in 2012. It was not Signature at that time so it was only 1 credit.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-28-2015, 04:38 AM
Our favourite signature places are Narcossees for lobster, California Grill for the oak fired filet of beef- both for the amazing fireworks view!

We also love Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. The menu is so different and the food is amazing.

The Hoop Dee Doo Revue is a lot of fun. The food is good old fashioned fried chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, salad, cornbread and strawberry shortcake. Drinks and tip are included (beer is included too). We have gone twice and loved it both times. It's worth wandering around the campground afterwards to check out the huge RVs and motor homes, the horse stables and the outdoor movie.

We have never tried Wolfgang Pucks eat in restaurant, but we love his quick service place!

Have a wonderful trip! :mickey:

LVT
03-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Sounds like fun.
California Grill and Narcoosie's are our favored places.
Also like : Biergarten and Garden Grill.

I hope you do reviews. :thumbsup: