PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits February 2015

Figment!
02-22-2015, 06:16 PM
Tidbits
February 2015

Rekindling the Flame

2/22/15 Disney’s Animal Kingdom has announced an extension to the on-going refurbishment of the Flame Tree Barbeucue. The popular counter service location has been rescheduled to open on April 23, 2015. This is a several week extension from the original reopening date. A reason for the extension was not included in the announcement.

1/11/15 Construction walls are up around the Flame Tree Barbeucue as the multi-month refurbishment is underway.

During the refurbishment, Disney's Animal Kingdom has announced the following signature menu items will be available at alternative locations:

1/2 BBQ Chicken available at Beastly Kiosk and Garden Kiosk in Discovery Isle
Jumbo Turkey Leg available at Trilo-Bites in Dinoland
Pork Sandwich available at Trilo-Bites in Dinoland
1/2 Slab of St. Louis Style Ribs available at Beastly Kiosk and Garden Kiosk in Discovery Isle

12/7/14 Flame Tree Barbecue is planned to be closed for refurbishment from January 5 through Early April 2015. The multi-month refurbishment will reportedly expand the location’s covered areas including seating, walkways, and ordering queue.

Shopping Shakeup

2/22/15 Uptown Jewelers on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom updated its offerings earlier this month. Guest and Cast reports have indicated that the rear section of the store is now exclusively offering Pandora brand items. The new retail offering is part of the new Pandora sponsorship program that includes presenting Wishes.

More to Showcase

2/22/15 Disney Creative Entertainment is holding auditions for a new streetmosphere act for Epcot’s World Showcase. The announcement has revealed that a new Harajuku act is planned to begin at the Japan pavilion in Summer 2015. A portion of the audition announcement is below:

Disney Creative Entertainment is seeking female performers for a new offering at the Walt Disney World® Resort, near Orlando, FL, celebrating the Tokyo neighborhood of Harajuku, known internationally as the center of Japanese youth culture and fashion.
Performers must be willing to relocate to Orlando, FL by June 2015, and are expected to be available for at least one year of full time work.Game Over

2/22/15 The Tommorowland Arcade permanently ceased operation on February 9, 2015. The arcade, near the exit of Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom, is one of several arcades closing across the resort. Construction walls have recently gone up around the former arcade area; however, a future use for the space has yet to be announced.

Springing-Up

2/22/15 Nine new retail locations have quietly opened as part of the Disney Springs project this month. In the forthcoming Landing area; The Art of Shaving, Sound Lion, Sanuk, APEX by Sunglass Hut, and Chapel Hats have opened. On the newly opened Marketplace Causeway four new kiosks have opened; Icon Jewellery by Bico, Florida Bath Co., Flour and Sugar, and Kate and Leo. The new kiosks offer jewelry, bath products, gourmet cookies, and toys; respectively. Signage has appeared in the Landing section for the new Erin McKenna bakery location; however, an opening date has yet to be announced.

VWL Mom
02-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Thanks Jason, I look forward to seeing the new act in Japan.

Crow
02-23-2015, 02:17 AM
thanks.
Im interested in the new act in Japan also

Melanie
02-23-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm interested in the new Japan act, only because I think it sounds too modern for me. Gosh....I sound so old. I like traditional. :blush: