PDA

View Full Version : One night room

Catzle
02-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Our flight does not get in until 9 which means we won't make it to our room until 11 if we are lucky. What would you do for the first night. Don't want to spend a fortune for a room we won't even get to until almost 11 or later. Suggestions?

mechanic
02-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Car or no car?

MargaretMessler
02-18-2015, 08:09 PM
If you'll have a car I would just stay offsite in your cheapest option then check in at your resort the next morning

VWL Mom
02-18-2015, 08:24 PM
You could stay at or near the airport and then get MDE the next morning.

Catzle
02-18-2015, 09:01 PM
No car. Using magical express

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-18-2015, 09:15 PM
It might make sense to stay in a hotel at/near the airport, and then take ME and check in to Disney the next morning.

Some people also book a night at a value resort.

CleveSJM
02-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Are you getting the Dining Plan? Especially for free? If so, staying on site gets you a whole days worth of credits to use. Makes going to a "2 point" location much easier.

Catzle
02-18-2015, 10:00 PM
No free dining. Just the spring special on the rooms

MargaretMessler
02-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Will ME bring you to any of the hotels in the DTD area? And then, would they handle transfer of luggage from one hotel to another the next morning? If so, that might be an option. You could get a bus from DTD to whichever resort you are staying at.

Ms. Mode
02-19-2015, 09:42 AM
First time we flew to WDW we arrived at our resort at midnight. It was worth it not to have to mess with transit and jumping through hoops.

mydisneygirls
02-19-2015, 11:20 AM
I would stay one night at a value...using the spring discount offer.

mook3y
02-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Food for thought: If you just go ahead and stay at your resort, you can get up first thing in the morning and just head out and start your vacation.

Using DME, I have stayed at a value resort and transferred to our main resort in the morning to start our vacation.

When we considered the amount of time lost -getting all baggage and yourselves to the new resort - a room may not be available until later in the day -no big deal if your in the park all day- but you will still have to get all your luggage to your room after you get back.

We would have to save a lot of money to do that again.

We would rather get in late, get unpacked, go to bed and hit our vacation running as soon as we get up in the morning.

brownie
02-19-2015, 04:09 PM
I'd stay at an All Star if you're trying to dorms as little as possible. If you can swing it, I'd look into adding a day up front to your reservation.

#1donaldfan
02-20-2015, 10:50 AM
We've actually done the values then moved on to another mod or deluxe and it was not that much of a hassle, but to add one day seems fitting, or easier to your actual resort. Like mentined if you're on the DDP then you will get extra credits and can do a signature location. Just my two pennies here......:thumbsup:

disney_daddy
02-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Can you have your luggage sent to your main resort and you go to a value resort to spend the night with carry on luggage and switch in the morning to your main resort.

stephicakes
02-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Food for thought: If you just go ahead and stay at your resort, you can get up first thing in the morning and just head out and start your vacation.

Using DME, I have stayed at a value resort and transferred to our main resort in the morning to start our vacation.

When we considered the amount of time lost -getting all baggage and yourselves to the new resort - a room may not be available until later in the day -no big deal if your in the park all day- but you will still have to get all your luggage to your room after you get back.

We would have to save a lot of money to do that again.

We would rather get in late, get unpacked, go to bed and hit our vacation running as soon as we get up in the morning.

:exactly:
And you could even sleep in and not worry about being out by 11am to switch your luggage to the next resort! Sleep in, take your time getting ready or having breakfast and start your vaca stress-free!
:coaster:

Catzle
02-22-2015, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone. We decided to add a day to our reservation so we did not have to move.

VWL Mom
02-23-2015, 05:59 AM
Thanks everyone. We decided to add a day to our reservation so we did not have to move.

:thumbsup:

Katzateer
02-23-2015, 07:28 AM

:thumbsup: Sounds like a good plan. Without a car moving to another resort won't be that easy. Last time we took a taxi from Cont. to POP and it was expensive.

One trip we stayed at airport and the hotel in airport was nice. One trip before a cruise we stayed at Poly and that was great. We did rent a car both trips so it was easy getting around. But with you staying at WDW after the one night (and without a car) you staying at your resort sounds like the less stressful option.

jonahbear2006
03-19-2015, 11:37 PM
Coronado usually has great last minute deals on hotels.com . A couple of times we have stayed there for $99 a night, on a clearanced out room. definitely take the cheapest you find, though. you aren't there long enough to do anything .

Maddie
03-25-2015, 11:31 AM
I would stay in the value that is the closest to your resort you are staying in the rest of the trip. Example: if you are staying at AKL for the rest of the trip then stay at All stars. I know many say stay by the airport but I get too excited and just need to get onto Disney property! Especially if you are taking DME then you will want to get on property!