PDA

View Full Version : Talking Mickey

DisneyFreak1313
02-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Hi Everyone, we leave in a couple of days for WDW! I am REALLY hoping that Talking Mickey is now available at Town Square Theatre. Can anyone confirm for me that is occurring? I don't want to wait in line if he isn't EVERYTIME as we will see him in various spots throughout our trip. TIA!

Butters
02-17-2015, 10:05 AM
He was there on our last trip. I'm pretty sure it's permanent location

joanna71985
02-17-2015, 12:11 PM
You can indeed meet Mickey at TST. However...there is no guarantee he will talk (there is always the chance he has to "save his voice" for something)

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-17-2015, 01:56 PM
It was our first day in the park on the first day of our trip and we were in Town Square Hall getting a few quick magic band pointers from a very friendly CM and she whispered to the girls "be sure to think of some questions to ask Mickey".

Of course my precocious middle child asked Micket "when are you going to marry Minnie?" and I swore you could almost see Mickey blush. He started putting his hand by his color and stammering "oh my, is it getting hot in here?" The interactive Mickey was pretty cool. We were there last week of January and from what I can tell, both Tink and Mickey are for now permanent fixtures in Town Hall.

I can't state that he speaks all the time, but his voice was in good form that day:mickey:

DisneyFreak1313
02-17-2015, 02:44 PM
sorry, just want to clarify, so is it most of the time he "talks" now in the TST or is it still reg mickey most of the time and you "chance" get a talking version? we have met mickey SEVERAL times in the past and don't want to wait in line for a "regular" mickey once again. Sorry to be a pain!

joanna71985
02-17-2015, 09:53 PM
sorry, just want to clarify, so is it most of the time he "talks" now in the TST or is it still reg mickey most of the time and you "chance" get a talking version? we have met mickey SEVERAL times in the past and don't want to wait in line for a "regular" mickey once again. Sorry to be a pain!

Most of the time he will talk, but there are still times he won't be (and you won't know until you are in the room with him)

DisneyFreak1313
02-18-2015, 01:34 PM
thank you Joanna...you are always helpful :thumbsup:

joanna71985
02-18-2015, 05:42 PM
thank you Joanna...you are always helpful :thumbsup:

You're welcome!

Tearin_it_up
08-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Can you get him to say people's names? I imagine he could probably. We want to see if we can get him to say hello to some people on video

joanna71985
08-03-2015, 07:33 PM
As far as I'm aware, he doesn't say specific names

Melanie
08-03-2015, 08:06 PM
As far as I'm aware, he doesn't say specific names

I thought that was rumored to be part of the whole RFID stuff...he would 'magically' know the children's names. Guess that never came to be?

I have to say, I've never seen articulated Mickey, but not rushing to do so either. It's kind of creepy to me.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2015, 09:34 PM
:ditto: We've never met the talking Mickey, everytime we've been to Town Square, he hasn't been the chatty one. When we do meet him, I think it will freak me out more than a little bit. I'm quite good with the "regular" Mickey.

SurferStitch
08-06-2015, 12:07 PM
We've met Mickey twice at Town Square over the past two trips (a year apart), and both times he spoke... a lot!

And...I have the kind of luck that I would normally be the person who had a mute Mickey twice, so I would wager that you'll have a great chance of getting a chatty Mickey!!

Good luck!!