PDA

View Full Version : gluten free

bful
02-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Are there restaurants with gluten free options?

faline
02-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Disney World is generally very good at accommodating the needs of their guests to any kinds of allergies. I have developed an intolerance to some dairy products including milk. On my last trip, I was really looking forward to a milkshake at Plaza Restaurant. The chef came to my table, consulted with me and made me a delicious nondairy vanilla milkshake. When I was traveling with my daughter, who has an allergy, the chef came to the table as well to consult with her and offer her options she could eat.

You can find more information here (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/) about dining at Disney World if you have specific food needs.

When you make dining reservations at Disney World, please inform them of your needs when you make the reservation and reiterate your needs when you arrive.

Disney4us2
02-14-2015, 05:08 PM
Like Linda said, Disney is really good with dietary restrictions. My brother is allergic to garlic, and is lactose intolerant. At 1900 Park Fare, the chef maid him a plated entree and told him what he could eat off of the buffet. He had no problems, and his plated entree looked so good.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-17-2015, 07:19 AM
If I remember correctly from my last visit, every restaurant had gluten free options somewhere on the menu or buffet.

Checkers
03-21-2015, 11:51 AM
We just returned in mid-Feb. and my daughter is gluten free. At every restaurant (and counter service) the chef came to up to our table and discussed her options. At BOG (dinner), he specifically made her a special dish and when he learned that I really wanted the salmon but the potatoes it came with had leeks (I'm allergic), he said he would make mine without them so I could have my salmon. His personality was quite pleasant, too! Disney really goes out of its way to accommodate so have no fears, just let them know.