View Full Version : Something new to try

luvkatiebug
02-13-2015, 01:00 PM
So we have been to WDW many times, and we have our favorite things to do, but would like to try something new this trip. (maybe a little bit of a splurge). My girls are 10 and 14, and we have never done the Hoop de Do review or La Nouba. Looking for suggestions between either of those or maybe something else I haven't thought of. We have done most of the character meals, and although they still love them (and so do I), wanted to try something different. Thanks! :mickey:

KylesMom
02-13-2015, 01:50 PM
I have always thought LaNouba would be wonderful! You could also rent a boat at one of the resorts, take a horseback trail ride or carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness, or go up for a fabulous view in a hot air balloon at Downtown Disney. :mickey:

mydisneygirls
02-13-2015, 01:52 PM
If you haven't been to Hoop Dee Doo, I would say definitely go. It's a lot of fun and the food is good (not 5 star but good). We didn't go on our trip last year and we really missed it so it will be a definite this year.

disneymom15
02-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Something we did on our trip in January, we went bowling at Splitsville. Didn't think we would, but, we had a great time. They have early bird pricing. I Think it's Mon-Thur opening til noon for $12.

#1donaldfan
02-13-2015, 02:09 PM
I agree with Splitsville being something fun. We enjoyed our time there very much, plus the food selections were great....it can get rather pricy but it's Disney..... what doesn't cost much there anymore !!??? :mickey:

luvkatiebug
02-13-2015, 02:54 PM
We did Splitsville last trip. That was fun. We enjoyed the food and beverage there a lot. My kids did ask to do that one again. We may head to Downtown Disney the first day we get there and bowl. Thanks for all the info. :mickey:

1DisneyNut
02-13-2015, 05:02 PM
We have been to Hoop De Doo twice, enjoyed it both times and the food was good.

faline
02-13-2015, 07:53 PM
We went to La Nouba once because my brother wanted to go. I'm so glad he picked this. It was an excellent show and I would highly recommmend it!

Hoop de Doo has been around for years and years. I first went to this show in 1979. The last time I attended was in 2013 (and there were a number of visits between these years) and it was as enjoyable as the first. The last time we went was again with my brother and I suggested it as something my then 5 year old nephew would enjoy. He was, indeed, captivated.

Either would be an excellent choice. I've never been to Splitsville but there are any number of places I can go bowling.

Disney4us2
02-13-2015, 09:50 PM
What about one of the water parks? There's also mini golf or park tours.

Katzateer
02-14-2015, 07:50 AM
We love the Winterland/Summerland golf. If you only do one course we like the Summerland the best.

LaNouba is fantastic. Have been a few times over the years and would go every year if it wasn't so expensive.

Splitsvile is so much fun and the food is very good. We waited until after we bowled to eat in the area downstairs. Your eating at the bowling alley tables takes away from your bowling time. Price isn't determined by how many games you bowl. You can bowl as much as you want during the time you pay for.

The girls enjoyed HoopDeDoo. Been there a few times, have no desire to go back, but always worth trying once. A Disney classic for sure.:mickey:

So many choices! Have fun with your new adventure!

Imalismom
02-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Another vote for hoop-dee-do - it is a fun evening, and as said before, the food is not 5-star, but it is very good.

Main Street Jim
02-14-2015, 06:09 PM
If you're going before June, the Richard Petty Driving Experience is great - do the ride-along for the girls. RPDE is closing this summer ( :( ).

WiltonJohn
02-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Last trip my wife and I splurged on really good seats at La Nouba....... and it is beyond WONDERFUL.

I think it would even get a positive review out of the tween and the teen. (Our kids are all grown up now.)

best,

..............john

BigRedDad
02-15-2015, 05:27 AM
When my daughter is a little older, taking her for surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon will be one thing. Another, although not Disney, is to go to Discovery Cove for the day. Interacting and swimming with dolphin will be a lifelong memory. As for Disney, there are free things to enjoy too. Stroll along the Boardwalk watching the street performers, go to the bar at POR to watch Piano Bob, campfire at Fort Wilderness.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Another vote for LaNouba. If you've ever watched a Cirque on TV, it is sooo much better live in a permanent location.

We always get Category 1 seats in 202, 203 or 204 area just above the entryways if possible. They are cheaper and you get a great view of everything going on around and above the stage as well as the stuff that goes on behind the front&centre seats.

Have fun deciding! :thumbsup:

NJGIRL
02-15-2015, 04:42 PM
The Wild African Trek. It isn't like anything else at WDW,

crazygoalie39
02-15-2015, 07:03 PM
I can't comment on La Nouba because we've never seen it, but I've heard it's fantastic and is definitely something we'd like to do in the future. However, I highly recommend Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It's incredibly fun.

Like others have said Splitsiville and the mini golf are great too.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Never have done. Hoopie De Doo, but I have done La Nouba with The Hubs - will do it again with youngest son, he'll be just under 18. Great thing about Cirq....there are several shows on Netflix, if you have access, you can gauge their reaction and go from there. My son loved them, so I plan on surprising him with tix to La Nouba during our June trip to celebrate his HS grad.

mrte62
02-18-2015, 08:57 PM
The Wild African Trek. It isn't like anything else at WDW,

Agreed.

Also we have done the Fireworks and Illuminations cruises.... they were pricey but well worth it.

Cass&KenziesMom
02-19-2015, 08:17 AM
My suggestion is something completely different. I don't know if you've ever done it but the Behind the Seeds Tour at Epcot is pretty neat. My girls are 7 & 9 and they enjoyed the tour. It's cheap and it's interesting.

Simba 1
02-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Here's something unique we did on our last trip - I went horse backing riding with my 10 year old daughter and husband at Fort Wilderness. Our younger kids went with the grandparents to the pony rides (also at Fort Wilderness). None of us had prior riding experience, and it wasn't all that expensive (for Disney). Afterwards we visited the stables on site and then took the boat ride to Magic Kingdom. The kids talk about it all the time. I would highly recommend.

luvkatiebug
02-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Here's something unique we did on our last trip - I went horse backing riding with my 10 year old daughter and husband at Fort Wilderness. Our younger kids went with the grandparents to the pony rides (also at Fort Wilderness). None of us had prior riding experience, and it wasn't all that expensive (for Disney). Afterwards we visited the stables on site and then took the boat ride to Magic Kingdom. The kids talk about it all the time. I would highly recommend.

This was actually a thought for us too. My daughter is a Girl Scout and has gotten into archery and horses at camp. I saw online that she could do both of those at Fort Wilderness. We may try to schedule the archery and the trail ride on one day. Glad it was so fun! :mickey: