PDA

View Full Version : Motion Simulator rides

RBrooksC
02-13-2015, 10:48 AM
I see the the new Carnival ship has a motion simulator movie ride.

When will Disney retrofit something like that onto their ships.

Considering Star Tours and Body Wars, I can't see them having a problem coming up with something for that, even if it is a port of Star Tours on the ships to start.

DizneyRox
02-14-2015, 11:10 AM
I don't think they will do anything like that. It's hard enough to get a new attraction at a park, never mind the limited audience of a ship. Disney doesn't need anything like that to fill the ship anyway.

Would be nice, but I don't see it happening..

RBrooksC
02-17-2015, 08:50 AM
That's hard to say. Considering what other ship lines are putting onto their boats, Disney may have to do it just to keep pace.

DizneyRox
02-18-2015, 04:58 PM
One thing Disney does right is cruising. I'm waiting for them to screw it up, but so far they haven't. Their cruises are sometimes double what other cruise lines get for a similar itinerary and seldom discounted. I've been on I think 6 or so Disney cruises at various times and can't remember one where they were not full.

With space being a premium onboard, it really needs to be something with some re-ridability. I can't get enough of the Aquaduck, but you won't get me on something like Star Tours but once maybe twice a cruise.

I know that DisneyQuest had at one point a RollerCoaster type simulator. Design your own, then ride it, but I don't know if that would fly on a ship. Could be too little throughput to be beneficial.

The other lines might need something gimmicky to keep interest, but not DCL. RCCL has the WaveRider which is pretty cool, and they now have the Ripcord thing as well. Something like that, maybe, but a Disney style attraction on a ship... I really don't think so...