PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans French Quarter

SandmanGStefani24
02-12-2015, 05:30 PM
First time at this resort, and have to say it was excellent. Rooms were extremely quiet, parking was easy, location was good, and the room was very nice. I'll be giving it a very good review on a review website in a bit, but if anyone has questions I am willing to give as much info as needed.

Disney4us2
02-12-2015, 06:59 PM
No questions. My favorite moderate. We were there right after they did the refurb. Loved it. :thumbsup:

Scallywag
02-12-2015, 08:05 PM
We also love this resort. My only knock against it is that the food court is small and can get really crowded. I'm sure this isn't as bad during certain times of the year though.

Tinkerbella16
02-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay! It is my favorite moderate! :mickey::thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
02-13-2015, 01:59 PM
We love the FQ now. Riverside was our home away from home, but the feel of the FQ surpasses that !!! I love the "trail", to and from the Riversides'.....it makes for a great run !! :thumbsup:

Spang88
03-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Two questions as we are considering FQ for our next visit.

1- Any issues with the bus service and do they share with Riverside?

2-Its sometimes tough to tell from maps, so what would you estimate as the average walking time from the furthest FQ building to the main house? I'll be bringing my mom this time who gets around ok but I'm curious.

#1donaldfan
03-05-2015, 12:23 PM

2-Its sometimes tough to tell from maps, so what would you estimate as the average walking time from the furthest FQ building to the main house? I'll be bringing my mom this time who gets around ok but I'm curious.

From the furthest building to the main building is at best a two minute walk, maybe three. They do share busses and I cannot remember the logistics but some busses share depending on the park. :cool:

joonyer
03-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Our stay at POFQ during this past Christmas week was also our first time there. And we also would give it excellent reviews. . Loved everything about it, especially the compact size. and the food court. Our only small complaint was immediately addressed. We will definitely be returning there in the future.

Spang88
03-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Thank you both for your help! :thumbsup:

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
03-06-2015, 05:27 AM

POFQ is the only place we stay when we go to WDW. My ankle is fused in several places and walking can sometimes be quite difficult. That's why I LOVE this resort. Everything is a short walk away from any building you are in.
As far as the transportation goes - it's wonderful. Yes - sometimes you will have a shared bus with Riverside but our experience has been that POFQ is first on the route for pick-up and drop-off. We visit every other year and have never been on a bus that has Riverside first.
The only drawback, at least for us, is the pool. There is only one and management must think there must ALWAYS be a "party" going on all afternoon. No quiet swims here. If you want a quick dip with no games/music -Riverside is only a 5 minute walk away.
You won't be disappointed staying at this beautiful/quiet resort. :thumbsup:

Spang88
03-06-2015, 07:35 AM
Thank you so much, I think you have us convinced!:mickey:

SueQ
03-22-2015, 06:55 PM
Do the rooms have coffee makers? Do they have a hot tub in pool area?

We are thinking of staying here October 24th to 31st. I like the idea of not having a long walk. And being able to walk to Riverside. Can you take the boat there too?

Fangorn
03-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Do the rooms have coffee makers? Do they have a hot tub in pool area?

We are thinking of staying here October 24th to 31st. I like the idea of not having a long walk. And being able to walk to Riverside. Can you take the boat there too?

Rooms at POFQ do not have coffee makers.

There is a hot tub. It's not right next to the pool, but close by.

You can take the boat from POFQ to Riverside.

Steve

joonyer
03-22-2015, 08:53 PM
POFQ rooms DO HAVE coffee makers. The are the "one cup at at time" machines, and they stock the Joffrey's circular pod type coffee. I made coffee every morning on our recent Christmas week stay.

Fangorn
03-22-2015, 10:53 PM
POFQ rooms DO HAVE coffee makers. The are the "one cup at at time" machines, and they stock the Joffrey's circular pod type coffee. I made coffee every morning on our recent Christmas week stay.

Last October, our room didn't have one. Perhaps that was a fluke, then.

Steve