PDA

View Full Version : Off site guests with 1 day ticket - do you need to purchase a Magic Band?

Gregandmel
02-10-2015, 02:24 PM
In the works to try and plan a trip later this Fall. We will be visiting Universal Orlando but will be making a one day trip to Epcot to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival.

I will purchase the 1 day park ticket and get it loaded on the My Disney Experience so that I can make Fast Pass + reservations 30 days prior to our arrival. My question is this: I know you need a magic band in order for the RFID chip to work. Will Disney mail this to me or do I have to purchase them separately?

The last trip we took we stayed on-site and were there for the duration of our trip. They mailed us the magic bands ~ so this will be the first time NOT staying on property and only visiting ONE park with the new FP+ stuff in place so I'm not entirely clear on what to expect.

Thanks for any information!!

faline
02-10-2015, 02:25 PM
I believe you can still use your existing band as long as it is still active. You aren't required to buy the band - you can scan your ticket to enter rides instead of the band.

Altair
02-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Your ticket will act as your Magic Band, just hold it to the sensor when entering a ride you have a FP for. :mickey:

kakn7294
02-10-2015, 07:48 PM
You do not need a Magic Band. Your information for FP+ will be stored in your ticket as they also have the RFID technology.

Katzateer
02-10-2015, 09:46 PM
You can use the magic band you have for your off site one day visit. Just link the ticket on my Disney experience. You don't have to have a room reservation to do this. The one big difference is you can get your FP+ choices 30 days out rather than 60. You can make all your dinings for that day, even with no room reservation.

And I found it strange everything was already loaded on our Magic Bands before we got to WDW. I had 3 green magic bands in my name and my husband one yellow one. When we went to guest relations before entering the park they said it was already linked to the bands before we arrived at WDW. I brought all 3 of my green ones since I wasn't sure which one was the most recent one. Guest relations said it doesn't matter- all the bands were linked to my park ticket and dining.

We stayed at Shades of Green so it was a little frustrating not being considered as on- site guests but the perks of staying there outweighed the fact we couldnt get our fast passes until 30 days out. We enjoyed the resort and loved the rooms and can't wait to return in December!!:thumbsup: