PDA

View Full Version : Tree Of Life Grows New Roots

Patricia
02-10-2015, 12:43 AM
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the park’s iconic Tree of Life has grown new roots. Featuring new animals that make up the circle of life, from tiny bugs to large crocodiles, the expanded roots also offer a widened walkway for guests visiting Discovery Island. The 145-foot tall structure is covered in more than 103,000 leaves and debuted as the park’s icon at the park’s opening in 1998. Disney’s Animal Kingdom is located at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (Todd Anderson, photographer)

PopPhan
02-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Very cool! Thanks for the photo. Looking forward to seeing the new roots, insects and animals on and around the tree in April!!

Goofy4TheWorld
02-10-2015, 08:11 AM
I'm confused.

Has the "falling braches" problem been permanently fixed on the Tree, or does this have nothing to do with that problem?

Patricia
02-10-2015, 01:48 PM
These roots have been behind walls for awhile now. They spill out into the central hub area.
The garden was pushed back to make way for a widened path. The new roots are the separation between the path and what is left of the garden. So, not the same problem. :(

I'm not completely sure where the fallen branches were (maybe someone that knows more about it can help us out) but, I believe the nets are covering the queue for It's Tough To Be A Bug and I believe they are still there.. although there has been work being done on the tree at higher elevations.

At least Avatar may be bringing some love back to AK.

Sylvia
02-12-2015, 07:51 PM
The Tree of Life is one of our favorites. Looking forward o seeing the new additions in the summer.

TheVBs
02-18-2015, 08:12 AM
So cool!! :mickey: Can't wait to be able to go back and explore. Thanks for the pictures!