PDA

View Full Version : Balcony in moderates?

TinaAndGlenn
02-09-2015, 10:51 PM
We are looking to stay at a moderate resort. The guest room pics appear to have 2 things I hate in a hotel: no private balcony, and room entrance from outside hallway ( kinda like a motel). Does anyone know if there are moderates with a private balcony? (Otherwise I get a little claustaphopic)

Patricia
02-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Unless you stay in a cabin, there are no private outdoor spaces in a moderate.

BigRedDad
02-10-2015, 02:23 AM
Only the Deluxe resorts are "hotels", Anything below deluxe will be a motel.

razor5002000
02-10-2015, 03:03 AM
Not every hotel with out door hallways and doors to the room outside and no balconey is a motel. As a employee at an extened stay hotel that has all the entrances to the rooms outside and no balaconey I take a offense to the fact that a person on this site groups hotels and motels like that. Don't get me wrong people are in titled to there opinions but there are more differences between a motel and a hotel.

Lynn J Mc
02-10-2015, 08:07 AM
I avoid "exterior corridors" like the plague. Except for at Disney World. I have stayed at Coronado Springs and Port Orleans French Quarter and felt fine. I have also stayed at Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian. We are going back in 2 weeks and staying at Port Orleans French Qtr for the 2nd time. It is a lovely resort. Can't wait! BTW-- we spent one night as a trial at Pop Century to see if we would like to stay there - we wouldn't!

dobby2010
02-10-2015, 01:03 PM
The family suites at art of animation are technically value (In name, not price) but have indoor hallway access. No private balconies though. We really loved our stay there in September.

TinaAndGlenn
02-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Thanks for all your great advice!

brownie
02-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Let's keep this focused on helping TinaAndGlenn. We're here to help each other out.

Scallywag
02-12-2015, 08:29 PM
I actually prefer the motel style rooms. I like stepping out of my room into a garden area, or overlooking the pool. I prefer that over walking out into long hallways and elevators.
That's just me...

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-13-2015, 11:44 AM
I actually prefer the motel style rooms. I like stepping out of my room into a garden area, or overlooking the pool. I prefer that over walking out into long hallways and elevators.
That's just me...

Agreed. Opening our door at POR and immediately looking at all the lush vegetation, it almost felt like having a balcony. In all of our stays there, we've never had issues with outside noise and at the moderate level with the units housed away from the main lobby and foodcourt, not sure what you'd gain by having indoor hallways, might actually be noisier.

Crow
02-13-2015, 02:19 PM
gf doesnt like the outside doorways, but in order to save money we will prob stay at mod or value part of the trip. it doesnt bother me. i have stayed at BC which has indoor hallways and balcony but didnt like it other than the location, the balcony was tiny