PDA

View Full Version : Poly People Day 5!

mouseketeer mom
02-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Good Morning Poly. DH is at work again today, so it's just us three caballeros again today. We have breakfast in the lounge and head to MK for opening. Again, checking and rechecking paid off, because I was able to move our seven dwarfs mine train fastpasses to earlier in the day. Very happy about this. I love opening at MK. I always feel so blessed and lucky to be there. I love the early morning excitement. In we go and as we're walking down Main Street the trolley singers and dancers come out. I love them. I sing every word and dance along, no inhibitions when I'm on Main Street U.S.A. The trolley driver is an older woman and she too is singing and dancing along. I spot my future in front of me. Ok, now I'm pumped. Love starting our day this way. Off to Buzz. My kids are sooo good at this. Maxing out constantly. I try so hard. I never do. I'm frustrated with my score, so we loop around and play again. As my son says, Mom is going to keep playing until she wins. He's right . If the lines weren't creeping up at this point, I would ride again and again.

Ok, we start heading towards Mine Train. We are walking nice and slow, no hurry today. We walk right on and we're next in line to board. Wait, what are they saying? Ride is down, I make jokes with the woman in front of me. I say things like I hope the problem is Miner. Sounds like things are getting Rocky in there. Her and I are roaring with laughter. She joins in the jokes with me and our kids are mortified. I say goodbye to my new best friend and fastpasses are handed to us for a return once the ride is up and running again.

The kids and I head to Big Thunder. We have fastpasses for later, but it's early so we figure we may as well ride. We pretty much walked right on. Always fun.

Onto Pirates. Walked on as well, last row which I love.

Backtrack to the Mine train. Still down, so we use our Peter Pan fastpasses. Standby is 70 mins. That's nuts. People are actually waiting 70 mins. I love Peter Pan. We walk out happy.

Mine Train is up! Khloe and I get front seats! Fun perspective, the views were fantastic. Kai sat behind us with an older man. He seemed really timid, but then when the ride started, he was a wild man. This man howled and hooted and screamed and pointed things out to my son the whole time. Khloe and I were very entertained by my son's seatmate. Lucky Kai. Haha!

After Mine Train we were ready for lunch. Khloe and I knew exactly what we wanted. No thought necessary. Waffles from Sleepy Hollow! I got the fruit and nutella, Khloe got strawberries and cream, and Kai got Pecos Bills. We met at the tables in Liberty Square and people watched. A man sat right in front of me with a massive turkey leg and I watched him devour each and every bit of it. Yuck. I didn't want to watch, yet I did. I was fascinated and turned off at the same time. .Haha!!!

We had one more fastpass for Big Thunder, but we already rode earlier, so I got on the app and changed our fastpasses. Khloe and Kai for Space Mountain, me for Buzz. Haha.. Still competing with myself for a higher score. I don't care for Space mountain in WDW. Once on the people mover we saw it with the lights on and it kind of freaked me out. So I'm over it.

We met up at the Main street parade, didn't catch the new name of it, but it was a giant dance party. My favorite. We did the Conga line and danced to Shake it off. Fun!!

We then headed to Main Street to do some shopping. Khloe and I love Uptown Jewelers. I got a Le sport sac Minnie tote and earrings. Then we toured the Emporium before our trip to Starbucks and the Confectionary for treats for the trip back to the Poly. I love the smell in the Confectionary. Such a happy place, it's always my final stop.

We hopped on the monorail and it did not go thru the Contemporary. Instead it went backwards, stopping at GF first then the Poly. Sweet! A nice short trip back. DH was home shortly after us, he had a short last day at work, so we donned our swimsuits and hit the quiet pool. Nice. We did some Disney trivia and played some ball. There were also hula hoops that I love, so we played for a while. We decided then to head to the beach by Luau cove again. All of us stretched out on lounge chairs and took it all in again. Aaah. Steve had a dole whip from the Pineapple Lanai that we all dipped into. A relaxing afternoon.

We all got showered and ready and up to the lounge to see what they had. Sushi. My family was thrilled, me not so much, but that's ok, we had Le Cellier on our agenda. We drove on over to the Beach Club, then walked thru the back way to World Showcase. We arrived at Canada 5 mins before our ADR and were seated promptly. Ok....hmmm....we started with cheddar cheese soups all around, and an order of LeCellier Poutine for the table. We all ordered the filets for our main dish. Sooo....ok, the steaks were good, BUT not $50.00 good. The portions were soooooo tiny, and as you could tell from my prior posts, I have trouble eating a lot at one sitting. But as for this meal, I said thank goodness we had the poutine and the soups because I would have left hungry. Also, the prices?? I am actually embarrassed we paid this much for this meal. It was like a tiny steak in the middle of a large white plate. I felt ripped off. A big deal about nothing. As I said, it was good, but not worth the money paid. I think I'll be done with Le Cellier for quite awhile.

We decided to walk thru the park to take it all in. I stopped at Germany for a chocolate caramel cookie to bring home to Katie upon our return. It is her favorite. Iluminations ended the night.

Back to the Poly. Electrical water parade from our patio. Night night Poly.

faline
02-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Lisa, such a lovely day! I so enjoy your reports - I feel like I'm part of your group touring the parks with you!!

We liked Le Cellier the last tme we visited but it sounds like they've gotten really stingy with portions - that's really too bad.

princessgirls
02-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Lovely wonderful day Lisa!!!

I love the confectionery too! Always a must do for us!!!

mmmm...Le Cellier.... don't think I will be checking that out anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up!

Julie:mickey:

dtootsie42
02-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Lisa, such a terrific day. Sorry about Le Cellier, we have not eaten at them in years. Our last time they seated the five of us at a tiny table, the service was horrible and the portions tiny. My husband said he had enough.

emerzmom
02-25-2015, 05:50 PM
The Electric Water Parade from the Poly.....nice way to end another wonderful WDW day!
:tink:
Julie

hauntedmansiongirl
03-01-2015, 06:37 AM
Rotten about Le Cellier! We haven't been in years. Once it was upped to 2 table service credits we were done!

RavsRuleDisney!
03-20-2015, 11:06 AM
Always enjoy reading your posts Lisa - especially to hear tidbits about our fave resort POLY....

Sorry about the experience at Le Cellier. We have not been in several trips but the times we dined it was really good. The Canadian cheese soup is another fave and I remember the filet was like butta' - and I never try and dwell on any pricing at WDW - that is an instant bringdown!

And I thought the backwards going monorail was interesting. On all our trips with many, many rides on the monorails I have never gone backwards - cool!! :cool: