PDA

View Full Version : Best dining in Studios

Poohmomnks
02-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Looking to plan a lunch or dinner in Hollywood Studios. What do you feel is the yummiest place.....we have 2 teenagers!:mickey:

faline
02-09-2015, 06:45 PM
My favorite at Disney Studios is the Brown Derby. It's on the pricier side and requires some time for a nice table service meal.

catasaid
02-09-2015, 06:55 PM
We like Mama Melrose...nice atmosphere...good food.

VacationDisney
02-09-2015, 08:14 PM
We like Brown Derby:cloud9: In all the visits we have done to WDW this is the only restaurant that we have NEVER missed on our vacations. We have been to the World over 20+ times and we ALWAYS eat at the Brown Derby.

I like the fish offering, grouper, and my husband ends up experimenting. We have never been disappointed and love the chance to sit and relax for a couple of hours after spending the day at the park.

You will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

BrowncatP
02-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Brown Derby better food. Two teenagers, maybe Sci-Fi would be a good choice for lunch.

Kairi_7378
02-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Our favorite sit down in DHS is the Brown Derby.

However, our DHS day is typically our "turkey leg" or Starring Rolls lunch and light snack day.

markyv
02-09-2015, 11:05 PM
Mama Melrose is also very underrated in my opinion. It's not fine Italian by any means, but very good. We eat there on most trips.

TinkerbellT421
02-10-2015, 08:04 AM
I used to say Mama Melrose, but last year (January '14) we had a really awful dining experience that has left a sour taste in our mouth about going back. The trip before that, we were awed and loved it, the second time around, not so much.

This past trip we did a first by dinning at Hollywood & Vine, and we loved it. Great choices and wide variety and the desert options were fantastic, pretty much everything you can think of dipped in chocolate. The chocolate covered pineapples were our favorite.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Two teenagers? Sci-Fi. My 16 year-old DD LOVES it, and asks to go back on every trip.

It is a fun atmosphere, and the food has gotten better over the last few years, in fact, I actually enjoyed my meal there last year. :eat:

KylesMom
02-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Two of our must-do dining ADRs at DHS are Mama Melrose and Sci-Fi. Mama Melrose has the better food, but you really can't beat Sci-Fi for ambiance! :mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Sci-Fi is a must do for my teens. But I have two teens that LOVE watching cheese Sci-Fi ... And we have a good time seeing which clips are from movies we actually have watched or own.

crazygoalie39
02-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Mama Melrose's by far. It's one of our favorites and a must-do on every trip.

azcavalier
02-12-2015, 09:36 AM
I didn't see you say "sit down" in your original post, so I'm going to throw out something different. How about Fairfax Fare/Cantina Eddie's? There are three different counters in that area that have a pretty good selection. Last trip we ate there with a group of 11...four teens, four adults, and three under 10. Everyone found something that they enjoyed. I tried a Mac & Cheese Hot Dog with Truffle Oil. It was really good!

If you are doing a sit down, take the teens to SciFi.

SurferStitch
02-12-2015, 12:02 PM
We love 50's Prime Time Cafe. Great place to get good home cooking.

I had their Blue Plate special last time... BBQ shrimp with cheese grits.... AMAZING!! The shrimp were huge, and the grits were delicious! DH had the fried chicken and loved it.

For CS, we really like the ABC Commissary. I had a delicious quinoa and greens salad with grilled salmon on top, with some sort of champagne viniagrette dressing. A nice glass of Pino Gri accompanied it, and made a very nice and relaxing lunch.

mickeyman42
02-12-2015, 02:32 PM
50's Prime Time Cafe would get my vote, only TS place we've tried though. Would never recommend a CS place at the studios but when we do CS we have enjoyed the backlot express, even if the menu is nothing inspiring

#1donaldfan
02-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Sci Fi has great burgers n fries.....:thumbsup:

RAIDER
02-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Hollywood and vine for dinner for us the pork loin and chicken is lovely and the afters such as the chocolate strawberrys and chocolate pineapple can't be beaten

It's always now a must for us now it's great buffet

SBETigg
02-18-2015, 08:28 PM
If the teens are more snackers than full diners in the afternoon, Hollywood Brown Derby now has a patio lounge with lighter fare options instead of full meals-- but you can also opt for full meals. Also, for adults, they have really interesting drink flights (margarita flight, martini flight, etc).

manutd1
02-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Sci FI by a miracle mile!!!!:thumbsup:

HoosierDisneyFan
02-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Teenagers should love 50s Prime Time. Having the staff correct the parents (no elbows on the table) will be talked about for years.

ANG
03-01-2015, 04:48 PM
We like Mama Melrose...nice atmosphere...good food.
We love mamas

joonyer
03-01-2015, 08:40 PM
For burgers, Onion Rings and Milkshakes, Sci-Fi DIne in is pretty good food and a lot of fun for kids of all ages, including those of us old enough to remember going to drive-in movies.

We also like Mama Melrose, we had a very good meal there on our last trip in December, the food was really, really good,

Speedy1998
03-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Suprised it took so long for someone to say 50's.

Ok so IMHO Brown Derby has the best food, but if your teenagers are picky you would be better off at 50's or Sci-fi.

AdventurerKim
03-13-2015, 03:30 PM
Mama Melrose's, 50's Prime Time, or Sci Fi Dine In are the best. We like Sci Fi for lunch better than dinner. Mama's and 50's both have good food and great atmosphere for lunch or dinner. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
03-18-2015, 07:12 PM
We like Hollywood and Vine. Teens might also like Prime Time Café. We also like the ABC Commissary for burgers.

DANAM
03-20-2015, 08:37 AM
We have always enjoyed Hollywood and Vine for both breakfast and dinner. This time we are trying Sci Fi. My kids are 11 and 13 now and Disney Jr. characters aren't really a big draw anymore.

andmomlau
03-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Have to agree with Brown Derby. Pricy but worth the cost......if you are in ddp it takes 2 credits. No one has mentioned Pizza Planet as a CS yet. We tried it when we were in a rush several years ago and have eaten there almost every trip since. Fast service and food is good! Enjoy!

LudwigVonDrake
03-22-2015, 06:26 PM
Sci-Fi. The food is pretty good and the atmosphere is awesome :mickey:

JerseyDad
03-22-2015, 08:02 PM
.....50's Prime Time is our #1 table service venue. You can't beat the atmosphere ...and the interaction with the service staff is always a highlight of our trips.

.....and ...they make a killer Bloody Mary.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-27-2015, 05:11 AM
Our Godson loved both 50s Prime Time & The Sci Fi Dine In Theater. 50s has the best fried chicken and milkshakes, & the waiters are usually a hoot getting into the family atmosphere of the place. The old style TVs running clips from 50s TV shows are awesome too. At Sci Fi the whole drive in movie theater under the stars atmosphere is amazing. We love their burgers and Oreo milkshakes. Just don't stray from the diner fare- we're always disappointed with anything but the burger. We ask for sweet potato fries instead of regular fries- they are delicious! And the cost at either place isn't ridiculous. True Disney atmosphere for sure! :mickey:

SuzieN
03-29-2015, 11:43 AM
The 2 best themed (IMO), ESPECIALLY for teenagers, restaurants are at DHS! 50's Primetime and Sci-Fi are both must dos for us on every trip. So much fun and the food at both is really good. I can't imagine even considering taking my kids anywhere else. :thumbsup: