PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in mid-April

LittleSpirit02
02-08-2015, 01:20 PM
So I'll be in WDW for a couple days in mid-April (two weeks days in third week of the month). What can my husband and I expect from the crowds? The last couple times I've been were around Sept 6-10th and crowds simply didn't exist! It was amazing. Longest waits we had were Dole Whips and French Bakery! Was wonderful.

pcoleman
02-08-2015, 02:44 PM
This is my favorite time to visit. Great weather and the crowds are low. Not quite as low as September but next best time. Schools are back in session. You will have a great time.

manutd1
02-21-2015, 02:47 PM
From Mid April to late May...GREAT time to go.
Weather, crowds...Epcot is very nice with the FG festival also!!

Janmac
02-23-2015, 09:02 AM
Our week long April trip began on the 15th, 2012. We had also been to the World in 2008, from about the 5th of September for a week.

In April we were amazed at the crowds. Seemed very crowded compared to our 2008 trip. It was the Flower & Garden Show which was why we went in April but once was enough for us on that.

We might have had unusual weather, but we thought it very warm (stifling) as well. In September we were used to heat but not in April.

All of which is to say, pack for warm weather, expect more crowds and you'll probably have a great time.

Jan

MargaretMessler
02-23-2015, 06:18 PM
The crowd level in April tends to revolve around whether Easter is early or late in the month. Easter week is quite busy. That's what we're going late April/early May this year

Strmchsr
02-24-2015, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't call April crowds low. They should be a little better this year with Easter early in the month. late April/May crowds used to be great but they have increased dramatically in the last 3-4 years. It's not horrible by any means, just don't expect it to be empty, especially on the weekends.

Coleby
02-26-2015, 01:39 PM
I just hope they aren't what the September crowds were this past year. It was crazy! It seemed that a lot of rides were past an hour long and the weather was horrible too.

Counting on pixie dust to change all that for April for us. We are planning on going Mid April beginning of May to celebrate the wife getting off work :mickey:

baldburke
02-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Six weeks and counting! We're going for the week after Easter week (starting 4/11). We know the weekend may be busy, but we're hoping most kids will be back to school by then? We're also looking forward to our first trip to Epcot's FGF and lower humidity!

emerzmom
03-06-2015, 12:36 PM
I am going the week of April 18th. I am hoping the weather is lovely and the crowds are low :mickey:
Enjoy your trip!

:tink:
Julie

mymickeymouse
03-06-2015, 01:00 PM
So hopefully our trip for may 6th will be decent to good as far as crowds go!
:thumbsup: