PDA

View Full Version : DW's 40th BDay Trip - Day 5

BigRedDad
02-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Today is our Epcot day. We go through the Int'l Gateway from BW. We head to TT because we have Soaring FPs. We get there pretty early and wait. Again, ride is no open yet. We wait about 10 minutes and the ride finally opens. We go through and have a great experience. Off to Soarin. FP is not up yet and standby is only 20 minutes. We wait for standby and then use our FPs. It is about 10:30AM and we want to get to MK to see Scoop one last time. We hit Innoventions to do Sum of All Thrills and experience some of the other things going on.

Knowing I am out of pins worth trading to Scoop, we head to the pin station at Epcot. I pick up 3 pins for us to trade to Scoop. We meander through a few stores on the way out to catch the monorail. Guess what? Monorail is down yet again. We head over to a bus to the TTC. Go up to catch the monorail and it goes down too. Down the ramp to the ferry. We make it to MK at about 12:30. We head to Casey's for a bite to eat. This time we are ready for all of the Main Street characters (I have my camera ready). We get pictures with all that are out and DD trades a pin with Scoop. This time, she picked a lucky one. It is an Artist Proof of "Soarin Over California". Scoop asks if DW or I want to trade. We said we were out of good trading pins and let others trade.

I feel kind of guilty trading trader type pins for the pins Scoop has on his special lanyard. We had only one and my DD traded it. The funny thing is the person trading next traded for the pin she just traded with Scoop. Made me feel good that we had a good trader for him.

We head out of MK to go do WS. We are on the Express monorail to the TTC. On the monorail, DD was falling asleep. We asked if she wanted to go to Epcot or back to the resort. She said she wanted to go rest at the resort. The team at the monorail depot said we can get a bus back at the TTC to the resort. We make the trek down to the buses only to be told we have to go back to MK...this did not make me happy, especially how tired my daughter was. I let the CM know it too when we got back and on. We get off at the MK and start walking down. DD gets a hair separated from me, tired, and walks head first into a pole. Great, tired and now with a busted head. I am even more upset now. We finally get back to BW and I get her to relax a bit. She fell asleep for about an hour. At least the pain was gone for the most part when she woke.

She is not feeling well enough to go to WS. We relax a llittle more and eventually make it over that way to see some things around France and the UK. We just take it very easily. She was able to watch the fireworks from the bridge by YC/BC and BW. It was not going to be a late night because the storms were coming in and you could see them in the distance. We were back in and asleep by 10PM. I could hear the storms come in and they dumped.

Next day is questionable with the storm forecast...

faline
02-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Ouch!! Sorry for the transportation troubles and the banged head!!