PDA

View Full Version : DW's 40th BDay Trip - Day 2

BigRedDad
02-08-2015, 03:46 AM
It was an early night to bed from the driving, working hard, and running around DHS and BW. We had plans to go to AK until the early afternoon, relax a bit and then MK for the night. No plans to watch the Superbowl,

We head out to AK early by driving. We are there at about 7:30. We get back to EE and get 5 rides done. No waiting, it was a walk on. We head over to KS. A lot of the animals are not out. It was "cold" for them. I know 60s are cold for the animals and many people there. 60s are shorts weather. It was an enjoyable ride, but not as lively as expected. DD joins with Wilderness Explorers and begins her journey to collect all 30 badges. We do KS, Pangani trail, Rafiki's Planet watch. After that, off to Dinoland for her rides on Dinosaur and several Primeval Whirl trips.

In between all of the running around, DW and DD are trading pins and looking for new sets to collect and pins to complete sets they had started. Many CMs just do it because they have to and others enjoy engaging my DD when she is trading. She gets many compliments for using manners that we instilled in her and tips on trading etiquette from Scoop.

At about 1:30PM, it is time to head out for a rest. We wanted to get to MK around 5-6PM for the night (everyone would be watching the Superbowl, right?). DW and DD didn't want to go, so I am left to either go by myself or watch the SB...I'll take the SB at ESPN bar!!! Instead of waiting in line or paying $80 for the VIP section, I pulled a chair up behind the fence at the ESPN bar. I watched with everyone else, but had to settle for getting drinks myself. No problem. My DW and DD were back and forth on the BW. They brought me a drink from the room. It was a blast watching one of the better SBs in a long while. It was a fun crowd and emotions and cheers when back and forth.

It was going to be an early morning for MK, so straight to bed after the SB.

faline
02-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Fun day even if you didn't get to the Magic Kingdom!!

KylesMom
02-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Another very active early morning - 5x on EE?! You had to be getting off and cruising right back through the queue.

Well, since you had to miss MK on this evening, at least you got to see a very entertaining game at a happening location! :mickey:

princessgirls
03-04-2015, 02:32 PM
A great day, and perfect spot to watch a good superbowl!!

Thanks for sharing!
Julie:mickey: