PDA

View Full Version : Questions on new AP for last minute trip

Biggeek
02-06-2015, 01:39 PM
I just found out that next week I will be near Disney for business by myself and will be able to get away for a couple days at the end of the week. I will be getting a room at Disney for one night. Then my family also has another upcoming trip in June for just over a week.

I know I will be getting an annual pass next week for myself for next week, since It will end up a lot cheaper with the trip later in June, plus will let us get a nice AP discount on the room.

Anyway my questions are ones of logistics.

There isn't time to buy my AP today on the website and have the voucher mailed to me.. I'll be gone by then. So, can you buy an AP at check in? I know you can at Downtown Disney, but I'm going to be so short on time I really don't have time to mess with a stop (which will not be short with the mess over there) to complicate things, it would be nice to be able to use that AP to book my room with an AP rate for my room next week (which is available with a 35% AP discount at the moment)

Also If I decide later to upgrade the AP to an Premium AP later can you do that? I know you can upgrade regular tickets, but not sure about APs.

When the rest of the family comes in for June trip I will also be getting them APs (since we have another probably spring break 2016 trip too) .. I will buy those ahead of time and have vouchers... but can you book Fast Pass + with a voucher? Since you have to activate it when you arrive.. that seems problematic if so..

If not, what about buying them each 2 day passes, then booking FP+ on those tickets then upgrading them to APs when we get there.. without using them.. That seem likely to cause FP+ problems with it forgetting people and bookings under normal circumstances..

Thanks in advance.

disneymom15
02-06-2015, 02:16 PM
If not, what about buying them each 2 day passes, then booking FP+ on those tickets then upgrading them to APs when we get there.. without using them.. That seem likely to cause FP+ problems with it forgetting people and bookings under normal circumstances..

Thanks in advance.

If you buy them 2 day tickets, you can only book FP+ for 2 days. I made that mistake for our Nov. trip. If that's what you want to do, then I would buy their tickets for the number of days you plan on being there.

Biggeek
02-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Good point.. didn't think about that..

I went old school with my questions.. I called Disney lol.. They were exceptionally helpful.

What I learned (and did) when you purchase an AP (via phone at least, presumably over the internet too) you are given the confirmation code right then.. You can book FastPass+ with those, as well as use it immediately (same call, after paying for it) to get an AP room discount.

Since it was so close to arrival, they didn't send a 'voucher' however I can go to any Will Call location (all parks, Disney Springs (that sound weird) or Ticket and Trans) and show ID to pick it up.. activating at that time.

When I pick up the AP, they will also hand me a magic band (grey ick) with it linked.. at checkin at hotel can move it to a different Magic Band if I want (I hold a bunch of old ones)

So.. all problems solved. After the FP+ disfunction of the past 3+ years I expected it to be a problem.. but this felt almost like old Disney, when the answers were all the onse I wanted to hear, and seemed to work well..

Now we will see next week when I arrive if the MB linking works..

DizneyRox
02-06-2015, 07:24 PM
Just make sure that AP is activated though at check-in; they should ask for it.

Checking in without an activated pass could cause you to lose the discount.