PDA

View Full Version : Help with CSR Room Location

missymouseworld
02-05-2015, 12:46 PM
We are planning to stay at CSR for our next trip and have a few questions......

We have a water view room category, can someone give me some information on a good location to request? We have heard that this is a big resort and would like to try and be centrally located near eating areas, pool, etc. We tend to spend some time at the resort and not always at the parks.

Also, what is the difference between Casitas and Ranchos? I have been looking online at the WDW website and trying to determine the different areas. Is it like POR Riverside that has the Alligator Bayou section and the Mansions?

Any help would be great! Thanks.:mickey:

brownie
02-05-2015, 10:07 PM
The difference between the three areas are primarily in theming. The Casitas have more floors and a more urban feel. Ranchos and Cabanas feel more relaxed. I think all the Cabanas have 2 floors and Ranchos may be 3. My vote would be for Cabanas. You can be close to the main pool and it's not too far of a walk to the main building.

Melanie
02-06-2015, 04:35 AM
We've stayed there numerous times, and Cabanas is by far my favorite. Great location, and I just like the feel of the area more than the other two.

Angelgirl65
02-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Are you looking for anything specific? Preferred rooms are in the casitas. Cabanas are very nice, a beachy feel. That's were the club rooms are located. Ranchos have a southwestern feel and are remote.

missymouseworld
02-06-2015, 08:20 PM
We were just trying to find out the differences between the areas. I wanted to do online check-in and it gave options for the different areas.

Since we never stayed there, and chose the resort to try something new, was hoping for some good advice. We chose Water View because we didn't want to face the parking lot. I prefer the ground level/first floor when available due to a knee operation/issue and it makes it easier than stairs, etc.

The Cabanas area sounds nice if it has a beachy feel...