PDA

View Full Version : AoA-ice for ankle

satchel01
02-02-2015, 10:10 AM
I"m going to be staying at AoA in a couple days...probably one of the worst resorts to have chosen with my ankle issues. I had surgery a year ago to remove a bone fragment and cartilage and now any time I walk more than a couple miles my ankle swells a bit and can become quite sore. I have a nice ankle ice pack that helps if I can ice it right away but am wondering if there's any way I can keep it frozen while at AoA. Is there a freezer in the mini fridge? Is there even a mini fridge in the Little Mermaid rooms? We aren't staying in a family suite. If not, are there ice machines? I could bring baggies and ice it that way. Any other suggestion?

faline
02-02-2015, 10:15 AM
I know that all the resorts have ice machines.

Pally
02-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Try compression stockings. You can get over the counter (less compression) or get a prescription for (more support). I have a similar problem from a badly fractured foot at the cuneiform joints. I have found since wearing the compression socks they are very helpful. I have prescription and over the counter socks. The prescription ones are better. You can also get them in different weights and patterns. I have some that are pantyhose to the knee which are a lighter weigh fabric. I definitely find they give support to the ankle and leg. :mickey:

MargaretMessler
02-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Is there a freezer in the mini fridge? Is there even a mini fridge in the Little Mermaid rooms?

I am 99.9% certain we had a mini fridge in the LM rooms, I can't speak for the freezer space, but the size of the mini fridges they have I think if they have one it's probably the size of a large wallet. Try calling the resort directly to ask if they have a freezer compartment?