PDA

View Full Version : Our plans. What do you think?

Cinderelley
02-02-2015, 07:56 AM
My friend and I are headed to WDW May 10-16. We are staying at AKL. Let me know what you think.

May 10 - Check in to AKL
Dinner at Sanaa at 5:35 pm.

May 11 - DHS
Dinner at Mama Melrose with the FDP @ 4:20 pm

May 12 - Epcot
Dinner at Rose & Crown @ 7:50 pm

May 13 - Day to relax
Dinner at Boma @ 6:25 pm

May 14 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Crystal Palace @ 8:40
Dinner will be at Pecos Bills.

May 15 - Animal Kingdom
Dinner - I haven't reserved anything in case my friend sees something he wants to do or wants to revisit somewhere. In the back of my head though, I think I want to go to Shutters at CBR.

May 16 - Head home. :(

VWL Mom
02-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Looks good, nice selection of restaurants. Now sit back and wait, wait, wait :blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Looks good!

I'm assuming you're hoping to watch Illuminations from Rose & Crown. You may want to check in a bit earlier, as the last couple of times we ate there, there was a wait to be seated (but they did slide us into a great patio seat, so it was well worth it).

Cinderelley
02-03-2015, 03:26 AM
Looks good!

I'm assuming you're hoping to watch Illuminations from Rose & Crown. You may want to check in a bit earlier, as the last couple of times we ate there, there was a wait to be seated (but they did slide us into a great patio seat, so it was well worth it).

Yes, my friend has a life threatening illness, so I expect a good chunk of our time will be spent resting at the resort. This would be a nice way for him to see the fireworks without the stress of the crowds, sitting on the ground, etc.

Thanks for the advice. Did you ask them for a patio seat or did you just get lucky?

TIGGER17179
02-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Looks good!

Last time we did this we got a great seat on the patio-- lucky for us the wind changed and we were covered with firework residue but it was still nice.

TIGGER17179
02-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Yes, my friend has a life threatening illness, so I expect a good chunk of our time will be spent resting at the resort. This would be a nice way for him to see the fireworks without the stress of the crowds, sitting on the ground, etc.

Thanks for the advice. Did you ask them for a patio seat or did you just get lucky?

we asked when we got there but we had to wait for it for about an hour or so. So plan ahead if possible, if you tell them your situation they may be able to do something ahead of time I'm not sure.

SwissCheese1981
02-04-2015, 11:17 PM
You'll love Rose and Crown!! We are there last Friday and had a wonderful meal! Everything was so tasty, and our server Ryan was top notch!

Shutters I have never eaten at. I have no opinion good or bad. That said, of the people in my immediate family who have frequented Disney, no one else has gone there either. You'll have to let us know your impressions!

Cinderelley
02-06-2015, 01:59 AM
You'll love Rose and Crown!! We are there last Friday and had a wonderful meal! Everything was so tasty, and our server Ryan was top notch!

Shutters I have never eaten at. I have no opinion good or bad. That said, of the people in my immediate family who have frequented Disney, no one else has gone there either. You'll have to let us know your impressions!

Several years ago, I took two different friends to Disney World. We stayed at CBR and ate at Shutters just because it was in the resort. I really enjoyed it, so I would like to go back. If Matt decides he wants to visit somewhere different though, I'll be fine with that also.

So do you think I should call the restaurant ahead of time and ask about a patio seat? He is pretty uncomfortable with having a lot of attention, but I do want to do what is best for him.

VacationDisney
02-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Your choices are great. Have a great time:thumbsup: