PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club, Bay Lake, & BW Villas

Grace
02-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Cast: Me, DH, DD & Hubby, DS & GF

Departed Buffalo (and the snow) at 11:30AM on Jetblue, arrived 35 minutes early- Yay! But our driver was not there waiting for us:( After several calls a driver arrived on HOUR late. Grrr. Stopped at Publix and off to BCV, where our 2-BR was ready and waiting - Yay again! Front of the resort, too. We put our groceries away crossed Crescent Lake to Big River Grill, seated right away at an outside table. Ahhhh. . . .food and drinks in mild weather on the Boardwalk. 3 days at BCV in 75 - 80 degree weather was fabulous. Spent lots of time at HS (had an outstanding filet at Brown Derby) and Epcot.

After that we moved to Bay Lake Tower for our first stay there. Was it ominous that the weather cooled and the sky turned cloudy? Hmmmm. After MK, DS wanted to eat at the dinner buffet at FW, so after drinks and tapas at the Wave (GREAT bartender there) we took the water taxi over from Contemporary. Arrived and seated promptly, but this is not my favorite place to eat. (Everybody else, OK). Love the theme and decor, though. Back to BLT just ahead of driving rain. Went to Top of the World Lounge for a nightcap, we checked in at the lobby & rode the 'special' elevator. Only to meet DS and GF who took the regular elevator and then the 16th floor stairs, LOL! We only stayed 1 night at BLT. Just not for us; we didn't feel the Magic. At all.
Next morning checked in at BWV, Grand Villa 5035. Love these villas, loads of space. And the sun came out again! So off to AK, my fave park. Rode Safari and EE before the crowds; then walk-on for ITTBAB, and, of course, shopping as we wandered through the park. Back to RC for eats. Lots of construction walls up in AK, and with the SA crowd things got tight. Not thrilled with these particular groups, as they seem somewhat lacking in basic courtesy. JMHO. So back to BW & Epcot, great walkaround and 'snacking' at CS. Illuminations is thrilling as always- beautiful music. Spent the rest of our vaca at BW and Epcot. Fine dinner at LeCellier of filet and poutine. Poutine? who knew! And they had 3 kinds - yum.
Finally departure day rolled around - driver was early this time. Uneventful flight home on Jetblue. Back to the snow and cold - till next time.

faline
02-01-2015, 04:33 PM
It is so nice to be able to escape winter weather - even temporarily! Sounds like it was a fabulous trip!! :thumbsup:

satchel01
02-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Sounds like a great trip! I just had to comment on the poutine. They had 3 kinds? What kinds? I think there was only one a few years ago when we went...it was delicious! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
02-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Escaping winter-- always a good thing! Sounds like you had some good times. The driver over an hour late, though, wow.

Grace
02-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Satchel01- Yes, three kinds of poutine. Cheddar, BBQ pork, and Farmhouse. The Farmhouse was by far my favorite; tomato jam and bacon- MMmmmm. There were six of us, so we ordered all three kinds, LOL. :D We will definitely go back!

Grace
02-02-2015, 09:00 PM
By the way, so that everyone here knows, our driver was not from the limo company who sponsors this site. That will change next trip though! :cool:

emerzmom
02-03-2015, 04:33 PM
It seems like you had a nice vacation. Thanks for sharing.
:tink:
Julie