PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on deciding...

zoopop
01-30-2015, 12:39 PM
I'm really at a crossroads. We've taken our DS to Disneyland 2 times already when he was 2 and 2.5. They were both pretty quick trips and even remembers a little of it. We then took him to DW last Sept for the 1st time (he was 3 going on 4). We stayed at Grand Californian and The Comptemparary when we went.
My wife is kind of burnt out on Disney and I keep telling her having our DS as a 4/5 year old right now will be the only time (sort of) he can really be immersed in the magic (being a young child going to Disney). So she is kind of open of going back.

I just can't decide on where to go. I love DW but things have changed. Our trip to the Contemporary was a good time and priceless memories (1st rides on Splash Mountain, saying goodbye to the Norway ride) but was it stressful. From reservations, cost, and the crowd it was tough to go with the flow. This was a Sept trip too. I kind of think staying at the Contemporary we were always in busy mode so we would stay somewhere else.

As for Disneyland , I just love that place. So many attractions and getting around is easy. And we would maybe give the Disneyland Hotel a try.

Were looking at going during the holidays to get in the Xmas spirit. And I've been to both during this time & both are great. The last time we were at DW during the holidays was 2008. So I know there have probably been cut backs on decorations.

Just can't decide!!

mydisneygirls
01-30-2015, 12:58 PM
I've never been do DL but have seen videos on youtube. Looks nice but I don't think it compares to DW. At DW, you have 4 different parks to visit as opposed to 2 in DL. DL is someplace I'd like to go once and that would be enough for me. In my opinion, it just seems DW has more to offer.

Also, I would recommend staying at the Wilderness Lodge. It is our favorite resort!

NewDVCowner
01-30-2015, 01:21 PM
I may be biased but I love DL. If you go during the holidays things are going to be crowded, but if you go to DL mid-week you may get a bit of a break on the crowds. Since you've been to both parks before you probably have a pretty good idea of what you like and don't like about them, but DL and DCA do a great job of decorating for the holidays so you won't be missing out on that magic.

disneymom15
01-30-2015, 02:19 PM
I also prefer DW over DL. I've only been to DL twice, once as a child and once with husband and daughter. Don't get me wrong, DL is great, it just doesn't have the same "pull" as DW does. As far as resort recommendations, Bay Lake at the Contemporary is our home resort. Love how close it is to the MK and monorail.