PDA

View Full Version : Memory Maker vs Photopass

Cinderelley
01-30-2015, 12:32 PM
What is the difference?

faline
01-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Not much - Memory Maker is really the revamped PhotoPass. With Memory Maker, you must purchase at least 3 days in advance to have all your pictures on your account. After your trip, you can spruce up your pictures with borders etc and then download the pictures - make sure to do this before they expire.

You can still visit PhotoPass photographers (Or Memory Maker photographers as they may now be called) and purchase individuals pictures for whatever the cost is per picture.

PopPhan
01-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Faline,

Doesn't the Memory Maker give you the CD with your pics and videos from some of the rides/attractions as part of the package? I thought PhotoPass only gave you photos from PhotoPass/Memory Maker photographers -- no videos and no on-ride photos.

I'm just asking as a clarification for myself.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Photopass is the service that takes the pictures at the parks. You used to be able to buy a photopass CD with just the pictures on it, or a photopass + with ride photos, etc. on it.

Now, you still take "photopass" pictures, and the "Memory Maker" allows you to download all of your pictures, ride photos, ride video for one price. You can purchase the photos on their own, but the price adds up quickly.

faline
01-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Faline,

Doesn't the Memory Maker give you the CD with your pics and videos from some of the rides/attractions as part of the package?

The new Memory Maker package includes on-ride videos and on-ride photos. However, you no longer receive a CD like you used to when it was called PhotoPass. Now, you need to download the pics yourself. There is a CD option but that costs additional money.

Cinderelley
01-31-2015, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the clarification everyone.

Mrs Bus Driver
01-31-2015, 05:29 PM
Just curious, does anyone know what the cd costs?

faline
01-31-2015, 07:14 PM
Just curious, does anyone know what the cd costs?

I'm wondering if they discontinued that option. I no longer see it listed for sale on the site.

Fangorn
01-31-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm wondering if they discontinued that option. I no longer see it listed for sale on the site.

I think you're right, Linda. I found this in the FAQs for Memory Maker:

Q. Does Memory Maker include any physical photo prints or products?

A. Memory Maker is a digital-only entitlement. You can visit the Disney PhotoPass website to purchase prints, Disney Photo Gifts and other products using your Disney PhotoPass photos.

If you go to the PhotoPass website and look through the "Products", there is no longer an option to purchase a CD of your photos. You can purchase CDs of professional photos taken at the Parks, but not of your pictures.

Steve

faline
02-01-2015, 12:45 PM
I think you're right, Linda. I found this in the FAQs for Memory Maker:

Q. Does Memory Maker include any physical photo prints or products?

A. Memory Maker is a digital-only entitlement. You can visit the Disney PhotoPass website to purchase prints, Disney Photo Gifts and other products using your Disney PhotoPass photos.

If you go to the PhotoPass website and look through the "Products", there is no longer an option to purchase a CD of your photos. You can purchase CDs of professional photos taken at the Parks, but not of your pictures.

Steve

That's the information I saw as well.

Cinderelley
02-02-2015, 04:21 AM
That's a bummer. I like having the photos on a CD. My computer died one time, and we had an awful time trying to get photos off of it. It taught me to always have them on a CD as backup.

yankeesfan123
02-02-2015, 07:30 PM
That's a bummer. I like having the photos on a CD. My computer died one time, and we had an awful time trying to get photos off of it. It taught me to always have them on a CD as backup.

You can copy your MM digital pictures to a CD, USB, external HD, etc.

Cinderelley
02-03-2015, 03:39 AM
You can copy your MM digital pictures to a CD, USB, external HD, etc.

Will the quality be good?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Will the quality be good?

If you save the file in this highest format that your computer allows, the quality will be the same as the site you are pulling them from.

Because the MM photos will be high quality since people are using them to print and not just putting on online media like FB - then the file saved can be high quality, you just have to save it as the full file and not compress or change it.

Cinderelley
02-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Awesome! Thanks. :D