PDA

View Full Version : Poly People Pre trip report-almost there!

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2015, 05:56 PM
I've been dark for awhile, haven't really been posting or watching too much here. I used to be though!! Thought I'd do a pre trip report to help me drum up some enthusiasm. I'm not really "feeling" this trip, not sure why...
Our last trip to WDW was in June, to DL in August. This is a last minute trip as far as trips go, we planned it 3 1/2 wks before our arrival, which is Friday! DH has some work to do in the area, so 4 out of five of us are going along too.
Arrival Day! Polynesian, Club level. We love watching the construction unfold, love seeing the changes to our beloved resort. It's part of the Poly's history, my husband says, so construction or no construction, that's where we'll stay.
Our plan is to head to MK, we have fastpasses for our favorites, and dinner at BOG.
Next day up, Epcot during the day, world showcase counter services faves for lunch (we split up and then meet with our trays to share our choices) Nighttime is Boma. We cannot miss Boma.
Next up: Hollywood Studios day, Our first time seeing Frozen show, and Sci fi for lunch. Never gets old to us! We have 'Ohana in the eve and perhaps more MK, or just relaxing.
Next up- DH works this day, all day, so the kids and I head to AK. Yak and Yeti for lunch (TS) and Epcot at night. Dinner is up in the air. San angel or Biergarten, both we haven't had in a while, both our fun places for us. To be decided....
Next up, another full MK day for the kids and I alone. We have mine train that day, happy we got fastpasses for it. We loved the ride in June. We are meeting DH at Le Cellier for dinner this eve.
Next day we head home. I'm not feeling excited yet, I'm embarrassed to say, but it's true. Also, I'm having a heck of a time packing for this January trip, weather seems all over the map. But I'm ready for the most part! Thanks for reading!

faline
01-28-2015, 06:14 PM
I'll bet you slide right into the Disney magic once you arrive!! :mickey: Hope you report the details of your trip - always love to read about stays at the Poly!!

VWL Mom
01-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Have a great trip Lisa!

SBETigg
01-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Lisa, maybe it's just winter blues? I'm sure your enthusiasm will grow on arrival. It's your place! :lei:

Your plans look great, and you got your FPs, thank goodness. I sense family fun in your future.

Disney4us2
01-29-2015, 07:53 AM
Maybe it's because you will be one less. Hope your enthusiasm returns once you are back at the Poly.

As for the weather, it's cold in the mornings and night. Daytime has ranged from the high 60's to low/mid 70's. Going for a high of 71 today. It was 43 when I took Jessica to the school bus today. For me that's cold..lol. I just layer when we go to one of the parks. Short sleeve top,sweater and sweatshirt.

Hope you have a great time.

princessgirls
01-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Lisa,

You have a great trip planned!!! Enjoy it all!!

You won't have snow or ice to deal with!

Have a magical time!
Julie:mickey:

badkitty
01-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Sounds fun, Lisa! Looking forward to your trip reports. :)

KylesMom
01-30-2015, 01:37 PM
I know you have had your hands full planning such a last-minute trip, Lisa. Looks like (as always) you've nailed everything down that you can.

Knowing your family, I am sure that once you arrive you'll have the time of your lives! :mickey: