PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest??

DNS
01-28-2015, 12:23 PM
I apologize if these questions have been asked before.

Are the dining rooms the same for lunch and dinner?

Do they end lunch with a pause before starting dinner?

Strmchsr
01-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Yes to both, though it seems there are some occasions when all of the rooms are not open at lunch. For the most part they all seem open, though.

Pirate Granny
01-28-2015, 08:17 PM
No there are three dining rooms open for lunch and only two for dinner. lunch is counter service and dinner is a table service. Lunch stops ADRs at 1:30, dinner starts at 4

Mickey'sGirl
01-28-2015, 10:06 PM
All three dining rooms were open for dinner every time we have eaten there.

DNS
01-29-2015, 12:43 PM
No there are three dining rooms open for lunch and only two for dinner. lunch is counter service and dinner is a table service. Lunch stops ADRs at 1:30, dinner starts at 4

You need an ADR for lunch?

MNNHFLTX
01-29-2015, 01:42 PM
You need an ADR for lunch?
You can't make an ADR for lunch, but you will probably need a Fastpass, believe it or not. And to get a Fastpass you need to be staying onsite. Here is the link to the page to get one:

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

They open up slots starting 27 days out, I believe. You just have to fill in your 12-digit resort reservation number. I have heard conflicting reports as to whether standby for lunch is even available at anymore, so a Fastpass is your best bet.

DNS
01-30-2015, 06:44 AM
Thanks everyone!

SueQ
01-30-2015, 11:12 AM
We had a fastpass for lunch when we went. We really enjoyed it and thought the food was pretty good. We will do it again.

Mickey 101
01-31-2015, 12:23 AM
Be Our Guest lunch website states as of today that 2/24 is the last day they are offering test fps. For 2/25 and beyond, guests are advised to consult MDX, whatever that means :confused:

joonyer
01-31-2015, 09:12 AM
Be Our Guest lunch website states as of today that 2/24 is the last day they are offering test fps. For 2/25 and beyond, guests are advised to consult MDX, whatever that means :confused:

It's MDE, My Disney Experience, that the website refers users to. Here's the exact text from the BOG FP site:

"On Feb. 24, 2015 the lunch testing at Be Our Guest Restaurant will be ending. Beginning Feb. 25, log on to MyDisneyExperience.com for more information about dining at Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch".

My guess is that means that they are going to start using either the regular FP system (using one of your three allotted) or they'll start requiring ADRs for lunch. :confused: :(

Strmchsr
01-31-2015, 03:50 PM
My guess is that means that they are going to start using either the regular FP system (using one of your three allotted) or they'll start requiring ADRs for lunch. :confused: :(

It means they're doing away with the FP for lunch and going back to the old standby system. They got a lot of negative feedback from guests about the FP for lunch.

BrerGnat
01-31-2015, 05:04 PM
It means they're doing away with the FP for lunch and going back to the old standby system. They got a lot of negative feedback from guests about the FP for lunch.

Are you sure about that? There are strong rumors that BOG will be going to full table service mode for lunch as well as adding a character breakfast. Maybe this is when those changes will begin.

MNNHFLTX
02-01-2015, 11:33 AM
It's MDE, My Disney Experience, that the website refers users to. Here's the exact text from the BOG FP site:

"On Feb. 24, 2015 the lunch testing at Be Our Guest Restaurant will be ending. Beginning Feb. 25, log on to MyDisneyExperience.com for more information about dining at Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch".

My guess is that means that they are going to start using either the regular FP system (using one of your three allotted) or they'll start requiring ADRs for lunch. :confused: :(Not sure how to interpret this. Will I still be able to get a FP for lunch at BOG for March, as long as I use that link before February 25th? :confused:

joonyer
02-01-2015, 01:56 PM

If this is the case, then why are they referring users to the MDE site for info on lunch dining at BOG? It would be simpler to post an announcement on the BOG FP site that says Lunch will be stand-by only as of: (date).

Mickey 101
02-01-2015, 02:24 PM
It's MDE, My Disney Experience, that the website refers users to.

Oh I work with Disney and we abbreviate it MDX. I know we just have to 'wait and see' on the BOG lunch since there's no official word on what this change will mean. Just thought the update on the website was noteworthy for this thread.

Strmchsr
02-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Are you sure about that?

No I'm not sure at all. I'm not sure that Disney is sure what they're doing. They have been circulating a breakfast menu on the CM board for feedback. It seems fairly confirmed breakfast is coming, but what they do with lunch I don't think has been 100% decided. The last I heard they were just doing away with FP because of all of the complaints, but things are changing constantly with BOG.

VWL Mom
02-01-2015, 03:18 PM
I was digging around trying to find some more information on the lunch but instead stumbled on the breakfast.

Evidently on Dec 5th there was a glitch in the ADR system on mobile MDE which was showing breakfast ADR starting Feb 25th, it was showing not available but was listing it as a breakfast option beginning at 8AM. It was removed later that day.

As far as staffing I would think if breakfast was TS lunch may also be. In the real world if you were bringing in a full wait staff for breakfast then changing to a CS staff less than 3 hours later the logistics would be tough. But then again, Disney isn't the real world. Just my :twocents:

DNS
02-01-2015, 06:02 PM
We had decided on lunch because of the food choices. I hope they do not change to TS for lunch unless they have similar food choices. I actually liked the idea of FP for lunch.

Hammer
02-02-2015, 11:36 AM
No I'm not sure at all. I'm not sure that Disney is sure what they're doing. They have been circulating a breakfast menu on the CM board for feedback. It seems fairly confirmed breakfast is coming, but what they do with lunch I don't think has been 100% decided. The last I heard they were just doing away with FP because of all of the complaints, but things are changing constantly with BOG.

While I can see people not liking the FP for lunch system, I know a lot of people did not like standing outside in line for 20-30 minutes to eat at a counter service meal, no matter how pretty the interior. Getting in line at 10:30 to have lunch isn't real appealing to many people either. We ate there once when it was stand by and while we liked our meal, we all agreed it wasn't worth standing in line for 20-30 minutes nor eating lunch at 10:30. With FP, scheduled for 12:30 and I was seated and eating in 10 minutes, which is what someone expects from a quick service.

My suspicion is they will make lunch an official ADR.

MNNHFLTX
02-02-2015, 04:34 PM
I don't care if lunch is a FP or ADR, as long as I can log in to MDE on February 25th (3 a.m.?) and make some kind of arrangement to eat there. It's my first WDW trip in almost 2 years and I have no idea when I will go back, so would just like to try it out.

Yet more drama to planning a Disney World trip. ;)

eandrsmom
02-04-2015, 12:17 AM
I'm hoping that the lunch menu doesn't change to something mirroring dinner TS. We purposely chose lunch on our last trip because they had offerings that my picky eaters liked. They are still talking about the Croque Monsieur sandwich and the cupcakes.

BrerGnat
02-04-2015, 07:03 AM
I'm hoping that the lunch menu doesn't change to something mirroring dinner TS. We purposely chose lunch on our last trip because they had offerings that my picky eaters liked. They are still talking about the Croque Monsieur sandwich and the cupcakes.

As of now, no menu change for lunch.