PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Room Types/Locations

MargaretMessler
01-27-2015, 03:45 PM
In looking forward to when we can do online check in and make requests, I am wondering :

Which buildings are standard versus preferred?

We paid for standard pool view. Of course a free upgrade would always been nice :thumbsup: Maybe it will happen with a little :magic: After all it is my birthday that week :D

Strmchsr
01-27-2015, 04:58 PM
Most of the 60s and part of the 70s and 50s are preferred. A standard pool view would most likely be be the 50s (the farthest rooms in that section) or 80s/90s sections. Upgrades are nice, and they do happen, but they've become extremely rare and generally only if they overbook one section. So, if you'd rather have a preferred section better to go ahead and book it.

MargaretMessler
01-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Most of the 60s and part of the 70s and 50s are preferred. A standard pool view would most likely be be the 50s (the farthest rooms in that section) or 80s/90s sections. Upgrades are nice, and they do happen, but they've become extremely rare and generally only if they overbook one section. So, if you'd rather have a preferred section better to go ahead and book it.

Definitely no problem with standard versus preferred, I just couldn't remember which sections that included. We value being near a pool more than being near the main building.

Cinderelley
02-10-2015, 09:49 AM
I love Pop Century, and the 50s section is my favorite. Unless you really want the pool right outside your door, I would recommend the backside of the building with the jukebox.

http://intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg

You can see the fireworks from the parks at night. It makes a great first night when we fly in. If you go down to the ground floor and to the front of the building, the quiet pool is right there. It is also a short distance to the main building which has the bus stop.

If I remember correctly, you can also see the fireworks from the Tramp building.

momof3+twins
02-11-2015, 08:56 AM
So, you can request at check-in? I think I have called and faxed. But I didn't do the online check in. That sounds much easier. What's the luck with it?

Strmchsr
02-11-2015, 12:29 PM
The online check-in is now the way to go instead of faxing. You can also put room requests on your reservations at booking. I've had excellent luck with my requests using online check-in. I can't think of a time when I didn't get what I requested. There's also an option to check if getting to your room early is most important to you and that will take precedent over any other request. If you're really picky about your room, you can ask for something different when you check in. However, don't use the online check-in line and tie up folks who just want to get their packet and go.

brownie
02-11-2015, 03:23 PM
So, you can request at check-in? I think I have called and faxed. But I didn't do the online check in. That sounds much easier. What's the luck with it?

Skip the fax. Make sure your request is noted on your reservation when to make it. You can make some requests during online check in. So far with online check in we've received our requests and our room has been ready when we've arrived.