PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan question about quick service meals

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
01-27-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm considering getting the dining plan for the first time for our trip in May. I'm not convinced it will be a good deal for my family, but I'm trying to calculate and see. We would get the plan that allows one table service and one quick service meal per day, plus a snack as we usually do like to eat one sit down meal per day. My question on the quick service meals, is about whether a side dish is included in the price. I see a lot of counter service restaurants (take Flame Tree Barbecue for example) that list a single item, such as a pulled pork sandwich on their menu. It's just the sandwich, no fries or anything with it. Are fries included as a side, or would they be a separate purchase? I see they are listed as a snack option. I see more counter service places like that where you pay for menu items separately depending on what you order. I hope this makes sense! I'm sure someone out there who has used the dining plan before will know the answer to this right off, so thanks!!

MargaretMessler
01-27-2015, 03:05 PM
When we went last time with the DDP we frequently got combo meals which included fries, salad, whatever. So you would be able to get those. But you can't do it a-la-carte, just one menu item whether it is a combo or a single entree

TinkerbellT421
01-27-2015, 08:20 PM
If the meal you are chosing comes with a side, then it's included with your dinning credit. For example, the pulled pork sandwich comes with a side of pork beans, one quick service credit. However, if you want a different side than the beans, or If you wanted an additional side, like fries, that doesn't come as part of the entree choice, then you either pay out of pocket for that side, or if available, as a snack credit.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-02-2015, 01:11 PM
All depends on where you it.

At Pizzafarri, you get a caeser salad with your CS pizza order, at the Backlot Express fries (or fruit) come with all the burger/chicken baskets.

As a general rule CS meals will come with an entree, side, non-alcoholic beverage and a dessert. What the side is, depends on what you are ordering and where you are ordering it from.

TheDuckRocks
02-03-2015, 11:17 AM
I just popped over to the official Disney website and in the dining section of Things To Do they now show complete menus for the Quick Service locations. For each menu item they give a break down of what is included, up to and including the garnishes on the hot dogs.