PDA

View Full Version : Reservation with and without dining plan

rain
01-26-2015, 08:08 AM
Our party is split between two rooms due to numbers. The in-laws are in one room with the 4-year-old and they want to do the dining plan. My group (myself, DW, 10-year-old DS, and 15-year-old DD) are in the other room and are not doing the dining plan. We are thinking about booking separately to make this happen. Is this a problem if we have a dining reservation for 7, with some being on the plan and others not.

AllyMonkey
01-26-2015, 08:13 AM
No problem at all. We traveled in October with my parents- they stayed in their own room on DVC points. We had the dining plan but they did not. We made all of our dining reservations as together and just told the waiter when we were seated at the restaurants.

ANG
01-26-2015, 09:44 AM
We dined with my parents last trip and they were staying off property. They just pais OOP for their meals but we had the same reservation.

DizneyRox
01-26-2015, 04:31 PM
It's done by reservation number. Everyone on the same reservation needs to have the same package. In your case, the 4 year old will have the dining plan.

No problems at the restaurants, but I imagine that ordering may be a bit of a chore. I like to get appetizers not dessert, but the dining plan allows dessert, not apps (I think they still do the desert).

I'd bet dollars to donuts that if you all passed on the dining plan, you'll end up saving a pretty penny!

TinkerbellT421
01-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Are any of you DVC, annual pass or Florida resident? One of you should get a tables in wonderland card if you are able to and none of you do the dinning plan.