PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands as bridal party gifts

Majix26
01-26-2015, 06:38 AM
Hi!
We are getting married in October and are hoping to buy our bridal party magic bands with their mickeys not so scary halloween party tickets attached. Do you know if we are able to attach them without them present?

Thanks!maj

faline
01-26-2015, 07:22 AM
I think they would need to connect them in their own My Disney Experience accounts. Given your choice of gift, I'm guessing you're planning a Disney wedding? Do you run the risk that they've already purchased tickets to this event before they receive yours as a gift? Plus, if they are staying on Disney property, might they not receive their bands as well prior to your arrival there?

Pirate Granny
01-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Nice idea. There are now Haunted House magic bands (gray with bats), for sale (I got two this XMAS for a friend who gave them to her grandchildren as a xmas present--a trip to Disney). They did not have to be linked. HOWEVER, last year they had special MNSSHP Magic bands that could only be purchased at the party. Limit two ?!? And they had to be linked to MY BAND, or they wouldn't sell them to me. Very disappointing..cause I bought them for my grandsons, but I'll borrow one back this September to wear when I go to the party :)

I guess if it were me, I would tell them at your shower, so they can plan, especially if they are traveling with other people who may need/want to get tickets to the party. I bet you could order the generic gray band with the bats from disney before hand.

Congrats. Cute idea

eam
01-26-2015, 08:24 AM
:welcome: to Intercot! Have fun planning - everything.

Majix26
01-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Thanks! We're so excited!

We're not having a disney wedding unfortunately. For what we wanted the disney wedding was too expensive and we wouldn't have been able to do everything we want.

We wanted to get each person a band to match their personality, and so they can link their other tickets to it too. I think they will love it. Do you think I can purchase them before arriving in Orlando? W e are from Canada.

Imalismom
01-28-2015, 06:54 AM
The Disney Store sells them - disneystore.com has them also:

http://www.disneystore.com/magicband/mn/1024701/?searchRedirect=1&searchTerm=magic+bands&catalogFromSearch=10002

Majix26
01-28-2015, 07:00 AM
Thank you!!!