PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend Day 3

brownie
01-25-2015, 09:21 PM
I was up at 4:45am PST again on Sunday, 01-18-2015. I got my running stuff on and headed over to the start corrals for the Star Wars Half Marathon. I was in the B corral again and the race kicked off on time at 5:30am PST. I was a bit slower for the half marathon; all the walking on Saturday didn't help i think. I ended up finishing in 2:06:12, 1229 out of 10374. I did take about 5 minutes off my previous half marathon time. It was a good run. Sean Astin was leap-frogging my pace for a couple miles down Harbor Blvd and a coyote went running down the street along the course around the 8 mile marker.

After I collected my half marathon & Rebel Challenge finisher medals, I walked back to the Candy Cane Inn. Mark was already up and ready. I got ready and we grabbed breakfast at the hotel. We checked out and made our way back to LAX. We returned the rental car to Alamo around 11am and took the shuttle to LAX. Security was very efficient at LAX. Our flights we all on time and we landed back at Detroit Metro Airport around 12:15am EST on Monday, 01-19-2015.

I was a good trip. The cast members seemed to be happier and Disneyland cleaner compared to our trip to Walt Disney World last August. runDisney does a great job and I'm looking forward to my next runDisney event, hopefully the Walt Disney World Marathon in 2016. I'm still a fan of the old Fastpass system and really appreciated that Disneyland is still using the old system.

KylesMom
01-26-2015, 09:24 AM
Great job, running back-to-back events like that! I hope you are able to get to the Disney World 2016 event. Interesting observations about the happier castmembers and cleaner park. Some day I hope to get there! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

faline
01-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Two good races - what an accomplishment!!