PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend Day 2

brownie
01-25-2015, 09:10 PM
I was up at 4:45am PST on Saturday, 01-17-2015. I threw on my running stuff and walked over to the start corrals for the Star Wars 10K. This was my first runDisney event; there sure were a lot of people (over 9,000 people finished the 10K). I was in the B corral. The race kicked off right at 5:30am PST and the B corral started several minutes later. It was a great run through Disneyland and California Adventure. I ended up with a net time of 0:51:44 and finishing 351 out of 9194. It was a good run and a personal best for the 10K for me.

After collecting my finisher medal, I walked back to the Candy Cane Inn. Mark and I got ready, had breakfast at the hotel, and then walked to Disneyland. The turnstiles opened at 8:30am PST and we went to wait to go into Adventureland. They dropped the rope at 9am PST, and we headed to Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye, along with everyone else waiting at the rope drop. We waited less than 10 minutes. It's a good ride, and it was nice to ride it without someone laughing the whole time. When we rode it in 2007, my Mom laughed through the whole ride!

We headed over to Tomorrowland and grabbed Fastpasses for Space Mountain (10:40am PST). We hopped on Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, where we had the probe droid, Hoth, Admiral Ackbar, and Naboo. We then rode Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters. Once again, I triumphed over Mark - 75300 to 28600. It helped that I was able to hit some "hidden" targets. Next up was Space Mountain using our Fastpasses. It's a better ride than the Magic Kingdom's version. I really like the launch tunnel effects.

After Space Mountain, we picked up another set of Fastpasses for Space Mountain and walked back to Adventureland and explored Tarzan's Treehouse. Sabor managed to get both of us to jump while we were reading the book page by her.

We headed over to New Orleans Square and checked in at the Blue Bayou for our 11:50am PST lunch reservation. We enjoyed eating here in 2007 and it was good this trip, too. Service was very efficient and the food was very good. We both had Monte Cristo sandwiches. I highly recommend it, though it was the reason for eating at the Blue Bayou!

After lunch, we rode Pirates of the Caribbean after about a 30 minute wait. We headed over to Mickey's Toon Town, stopping to pick up Fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and to see Mickey and the Magical Map on the way. It's a great show and a must see.

Next up was Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, where we had another 30 minute wait. We then rode the Disneyland Railroad. We boarded at the Toon Town station and rode it all the way around past the Toon Town Station to the Tomorrowland Station.

We used our Fastpasses to ride Space Mountain and then walked over to the it's a small world area to watch Mickey's Soundsational Parade. It's a good parade, though this too has it's Frozen influence with an Anna & Elsa pre-float.

After the parade, we used our Fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I like this better version better than the Magic Kingdom version, too.

We were going to ride Alice in Wonderland but didn't want to wait in line for 40 minutes. We rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, which took 20 minutes exactly from the time we got into line to the time we exited the ride.

We walked through the Sleeping Beauty story in Sleeping Beauty Castle and then grabbed macaroni & cheese hot dogs for dinner at the Refreshment Corner. After dinner we walked through some of the Main Street shops and then headed over to Innoventions. I thought there'd be more to the Hall of Armor and both Thor and Captain America were behind walls. I wasn't all that impressed with Disneyland's Innoventions.

We hopped on the monorail and rode it to Downtown Disney. We did some shopping in the World of Disney store, which was smaller and seemed less organized than the Walt Disney World version.

We walked back to the Candy Cane Inn and we both turned in around 8:30pm PST.

faline
01-26-2015, 08:28 AM
Congrats on your race time!!

Another long, but fun day!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-26-2015, 08:31 AM
What a great day, and a good run time!

KylesMom
01-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Congratulations on not only a great time, but your 10k personal best. That had to be fun trucking on through Disneyland! I am assuming Mark was sound asleep while you were booking on through the parks :D

Another great day of attractions and yummy food. I can imagine that by 8:30 you were ready to have a nice conversation with your pillow! :mickey:

brownie
01-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Congratulations on not only a great time, but your 10k personal best. That had to be fun trucking on through Disneyland! I am assuming Mark was sound asleep while you were booking on through the parks :D

Another great day of attractions and yummy food. I can imagine that by 8:30 you were ready to have a nice conversation with your pillow! :mickey:

Yep, he was sawing logs!