PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys & Disney Vacation Account Connected?

johnw
01-25-2015, 03:54 PM
:mickey: Trying to save for a Disney vacation can be hard but I saw a website called Disney vacation Account. It lets you put in money into a account until you're ready to pay for everything. Is this account in any way connected with magical journeys? If we save in this account can we call magical journeys and pay for everything ? Thanks. John

Tink1
01-25-2015, 04:02 PM
You can book with us and still use a Disney vacation account. Not a problem.

You will actually have to call in to do the payment after we book it though. This is similar to a regular savings account and only you have access to the number.

We still monitor for all discounts, better deals etc.

Nanc

faline
01-25-2015, 04:03 PM
This is entirely Disney run. See here (https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/how-my-vacation-account-works/).

WiltonJohn
01-25-2015, 08:51 PM
Seems like a kinda' crazy way to do this to me. Open a savings account elsewhere and put money into it that earns at least SOME interest. If you know you won't be going for a while (like a year or so)...... you should be able to find an account that gets a little better interest.

In this case the Disney Company gets your money when you spend it on the vacation.... and ALSO gets to earn interest on your money while you are putting the pennies away waiting to go.

The longer it takes to accumulate... the more they make.

best,

.....................john

SurferStitch
01-26-2015, 11:48 AM
DH and I looked into the Disney Vacation Account, then saw that we could draw some decent interest in a Capital One savings account, so we're doing that instead.

With the Cap One account, we can save our entire trip's worth of savings.... room/AP's/food/travel costs/spending/MVMCP tix/TiW/etc. With the Disney account, you can only save up to $500 more than what you need to pay for your trip (whether package or room only). Doesn't really do us any good since all we'd be saving through them is our room.

But, if you're doing an entire package, then it may be worth it. I saw that they were offering a $20 Disney gift card for each $1000 saved.... that's a 2% rate, which is better than many savings accounts.

tjstrike
01-27-2015, 01:32 AM
The reason we used the disney vacation account is because we bought disney gift cards at Target with the red debit card and saved 5%, then loaded them into the DSA for a 7% total savings with the $20 per $1000 cash back.