PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break 2015 - Need advice/tips

williabt
01-24-2015, 02:52 PM
We've been lucky enough to always go to WDW at off times during and simply take the kids out of school. Now with high school, etc its getting to hard to miss that much school.

I finally broke down and booked a short trip for spring break this year - March 27-31st (the week leading up to Easter).

Anyone have tips for making this a more enjoyable trip despite the crazy crowds I'm sure will be there?

We will be three adults and four kids (ages 4, 6, 11, 14).

Already booked our dining, and FP window opens in two days...

Thanks in advance

faline
01-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Given that you've already shifted your expectations, I'll bet you'll do fine.

I'd recommend getting to the parks at park opening. Many folks sleep in making the earliest park hours less busy than later in the day. You can often tackle quite a few rides before the heaviest crowds roll in.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-24-2015, 09:16 PM
I agree! Getting to the parks early makes a difference, especially during busier times. We've always been amazed at what we can get done in the first couple of hours of park opening, no matter how crazy it will be later in the day.

Late nights can be hit-and-miss, but sometimes they are also good times to be in the park, but you'll need an afternoon nap for sure if you're staying late and going early.

Decide on your "must-do"'s and get a FP+ for them. When it is really busy, it can also be a good time to revisit some of the less popular rides, since they are still fun, and waits will be less.

azcavalier
02-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Agreed. Be there well before opening each morning, and you'll get a lot done. But temper your expectations and just know that you'll miss some stuff.

We did a short trip in May for the last Star Wars Weekend. We knew it would be busy. But it turned out to be a great trip! We used FP+ to hit the big rides, had a few ADRs (Disney Star Wars Character meals!), stayed off site, and had a blast.

crazygoalie39
02-13-2015, 03:59 AM
Like others have said make sure you're there before opening if you want to to do as much as possible. We've always went during spring break and have never waited over 20-30 minutes for anything. Once the crowds pick up hit the attractions that aren't as popular or go to the resort and cool off and head back to the parks after dinner. Not always the case, but evening EMH is usually a good time to catch some lesser wait times too. Most importantly, just relax and have fun!

E-Ticket4
02-16-2015, 08:33 PM
We have gone the last 3 years during the last week of March. Crowded. Especially the year that Easter was the day after we left.
But, you will do fine. Like someone said, it is in part expectations.
Our family is different in that I/we like the parks at night, in the dark, with all the lights they seem even more magical. They all do, even DHS.:haha:
Since its a busy time, the parks are open late. We spent a few nights till 2am in MK, and it was awesome. Not crowded. I think even AK is open till 9 or so.
Have fun!